PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mine of Phandelver, Appendix A: Magic items, Link to 'Magic Items'

Xalorous
July 2nd, 2017, 19:57
Link is broken. I have the full bundle, I can look in items, and I see magic items from DD5E SRD Magic Items and DD DMG. But the link complains that I don't have the module loaded.

Two problems with this. First is, well, it's broken. Second is that the error message is too vague. It needs to tell me what module it's trying to load.

Additionally, it would be helpful if we could SEE where a link links to. (So I can relink it to fix it myself).

Talyn
July 2nd, 2017, 21:12
It typically does give a more verbose message in the chat window, but this one does not. I have to assume it's supposed to be linking to the "Magic Items" list found on the LMoP main page in the Library window?

Here's where the error is found @Zacc or whomever does the LMoP source.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19653&stc=1&d=1499026243

As I mentioned, if you look on the main list of content for LMoP on the Library you'll see a link to "Magic Items" and I am presuming that is what is supposed to be linked on the Appendix page.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19654&stc=1&d=1499026262

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2017, 21:56
This is a known issue. Make sure you open the items from the campaign button (Big button called 'items' on the right hand side) and then the link will work. You will see the same for the npcs link on the next appendix. Same solution for that one.

The link is pointing to the items list within the module itself but it's not finding it. The error message is borked becasue the module it needs to open is LMoP which is of course already open; so it's confused.

LordEntrails
July 2nd, 2017, 21:58
Hey Xalorous, welcome to the community. Sorry your first post is for a problem, but thanks for reporting it so it can get fixed.

It seems like Talyn has helped verify it, so I won't bother.

FYI, the best place to post 5E content related issues is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37510-5e-Bug-reports-(Continued-Part-2)). By posting there Zacchaeus is sure to see the issue and get it recorded. Things like this are usually fixed in the next content update. Which though I don't keep track of them seem to happen every few weeks.

Talyn
July 2nd, 2017, 22:21
@Zacc, that shouldn't be happening. There must be a typo in the link or something. Or remove the @modulename since it's an internal link anyway, therefore not required.

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2017, 23:05
I know it shouldn't be happening but it does. Moon Wizard has I think figured out why and has a possible solution and a fix will be patched in in due course. It happens in a couple of other modules too.

Xalorous
July 4th, 2017, 02:06
Thanks for the reply.

I'm still trying to engage into playing FG, and I spend a bit of time importing content, learning PAR5E, so that is the reason my first post is for help. :)

I'll try to reply to that other thread if I find another content related issue. Also, I rebuilt my campaign and the link works now. I do not understand how or why it was broken or how or why it was fixed.