View Full Version : LFP Long-Term Campaign for Experienced Players

ChaseFreedom
July 2nd, 2017, 00:20
FG License: GM will have Full
Game System: D&D 5E

18+ ONLY
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Wednesday Evenings @8:00 PM
Planned start date: Depends on Players July 12-August 2 will start by atleast August 2nd
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hour session every week
Term: Long Term, 2 players are from continuing group and looking for new players to add to the group for a campaign that could last up to a year.

Text or Voice: Voice is mandatory, Video is desired
Voice software used: Google Hangouts

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40/60
Number of Players in game & needed: I have 2 players and I need 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, standard start
Character restrictions: Only Classes and Races from Published Wizards Material, no NE or CE characters.

Details of scenario: Typical fantasy campaign, you will have a world to explore and a main story to follow at your own pace. The main story will not be time sensitive and your characters can fulfill their own goals and desires as they wish. I want to create a world in which the player can explore and enjoy playing the game. The main story will change based on player actions and is player driven in many aspects.

[B]Application Details:
I hope to get some replies. I know the start date is a little far away but there will be a session 0 and I will be happy to get to know my new players. I will happily give more details after I decide who my players will be.
In your response to the post I would like to know what name you would like to go by. Answer if you are over 18 because the game may have mature content. Do you have atleast 2 months of experience playing D&D 5E specifically? Are you committed to playing for up to a year, and should you be able to make game time consistently based on your work, school, or lifestyle schedule? Any other comments you want to add please feel free. It is not first come first serve, so please continue to post applications as others do.

Keep in Mind that not all applications can be accepted.

snowsiff22
July 2nd, 2017, 00:48
Would love to join. I have played D&D 5e for the last six months or so. But I have always been a big fantasy nerd. Played lots of D&D, LOTR, etc, video games, board games, and what not. Would love to join your campaign. Sounds fun.

Name to go by: Snow
Age and mood: 32 and not easily offended. fairly easy to get along with (I think?)

I applied to the game calendar post.

M0rganstern
July 2nd, 2017, 00:56
This seems to be if not in then firmly next door to my wheelhouse, but first you must answer the two questions:

1. Why the 18+ only in bold capital letters?

2. Where on the following scale do you see the seriousness value of your campaign?

|---Game of Thrones
|
|---Lord of the Rings
|
|---Stardust
|
|---Willow
|
|---Monty Python and the Holy Grail

zow419
July 2nd, 2017, 04:55
Hello, my name is Zach, I'm 20 years old, and I would love to join you campaign. I've had about 3 years of DnD experience, nearly 6 months on FG, and I am very interested in a mature storytelling game scenario. Wednesday is perfect for my availability, I would be absolutely committed to the campaign, and I have a couple of ideas for an interesting character in 5e.

I want to keep this relatively brief, but if you'd like to hear me rant on some more about why I am enthusiastic about joining your campaign, feel free to PM me. Thanks!

khavi
July 2nd, 2017, 05:59
Definitely interested in playing. I've been playing 5E since November of last year.
I'm really interested in playing Clerics (I've not had much experience there yet and they seem like fun), but I've played Bards, Warlocks, and Druids.
I've applied on the calendar. :)

Thanks!

RaTath
July 3rd, 2017, 22:12
Application Details:[/B]
I hope to get some replies. I know the start date is a little far away but there will be a session 0 and I will be happy to get to know my new players. I will happily give more details after I decide who my players will be.
In your response to the post I would like to know what name you would like to go by. Answer if you are over 18 because the game may have mature content. Do you have atleast 2 months of experience playing D&D 5E specifically? Are you committed to playing for up to a year, and should you be able to make game time consistently based on your work, school, or lifestyle schedule? Any other comments you want to add please feel free. It is not first come first serve, so please continue to post applications as others do.

Keep in Mind that not all applications can be accepted.

I would go by the name RaTath (or Ra for short if it's easier)
I haven't been 18 since 1980 LOL
I have played D&D since the mid seventies and 5E since it was released.
I can commit to playing with possibly missing as little as 5% of the games (due to life and such happening).

Now what communication software are you looking at using? Discord? TS? Mumble?

Ra

MysticCelt
July 3rd, 2017, 22:21
I'll throw my hat in the ring even though there are a ton of people already posting in here.

FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: EST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekly, Sunday-Monday, Wed-Fri. 8pm-11pm EST Start Time.
Term: Long Term
Voice: I can use any voice chat. Prefer discord.

Game System Preferred: PFRPG, 5e
Game System Experience: Pathfinder, 3.5, 4th edition, Fate, 7th Sea, (Very limited 5e experience)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I can build a character, have a strong understanding of the workings of the combat system from the player side. I can import modules and resources and build basic effects like power attack or smite. I could probably help newer players out with stuff.

Character Type Preferred: I've played most of the basic classes in 3.5/pathfinder so I tend to prefer things I haven't played before. Other than that preference I'm flexible and can work with the rest of the players to construct a reasonable party.

About me: I enjoy all aspects of the pen and paper RPG. I love roleplaying and tend to get into my characters. I like challenging campaigns and don't mind if my character dies, however I also think GMs should do their best to avoid TPK situations coming up too often. I'm hoping to find a consistent group that won't fall apart because the last few tries at this my campaigns haven't made it past level 4 and I think it would be really fun to play at levels higher than 4. My longest running campaign we reached level 14 or so and that was great but it was years ago. I'm really flexible, I'm easy-going and get along well with others. I just want to play some Pathfinder or D&D (I am open to other systems though).

Affyria
July 4th, 2017, 01:12
Number of Players: 1-2 if there's room for another I have an extra looking to play.
Time Zone: PST
Days: Non weekend evenings I'm free any time.
Term:Long term
Voice: I can voice any program and possibly poorly webcam.

Game System Preferred: 5E
Game System Experience: 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, 4th, and 5th edition D&D
Fantasy Grounds Experience: ZERO

Character Type Preferred: I've mainly played the party healer my entire D&D life, I'm looking for something fresh! (<3 Warlock) I'm really not against playing a healer LOL
About me: I'm a 20 something nerdy girl looking to join a group and get some role-play I hope. I've never been one to get into my characters but I'd like to delve into role-playing deeper and exploring a neat campaign, especially if it will last a long time! Most of my characters have been killed off or their campaigns simply ended due to people moving or myself moving. (Military brat!) LMK soon! I really would love to get some D&D 5th edition going!

Masood Voon
July 4th, 2017, 01:58
Hello I'm Josh. I'm a youthful 40 years and haven't played the game in some time but have noticed some of the rule changes by watching Chris Perkins and Matt Mercer every once in a while online
I want to go all-in and get involved with a campaign and now have the standard fantasy ground membership as well as the PH/DM/MM add-ons. I'll play any class but would prefer to play human fighter, cleric, m-u, thief, barbarian, or ranger.

I have no problem with the time (9:00 - 1:00 EST for me). I am always downloading and deleting different voice/jabber/etc. programs for gaming groups so am flexible with that also. If I don't hear from you good luck with the campaign.

Chris033
July 4th, 2017, 17:36
Hey, name's Chris. Been playing 5e for around 2 years now and all of it has been through fantasy grounds but have had a little experience with 3.5 as well. Time zones CST so this time slot would work perfect. I'm pretty flexible in terms of what class I play and have played a number of them. Although, I do have a soft spot for the rogue.