PDA

View Full Version : AL - DDEX 1-6 The Scroll Thief, 07/08/2017 @ 1100am (Pacific PST)

DragonsDen13
July 1st, 2017, 23:54
FG License: Standard, you will need the Standard version or better to play (anything but Demo version)
Game System: D&D 5e Adventurers League

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Day of week and time: Saturday, July 8th, 2017 @ 11:00am PST
Planned Duration & Frequency:4-5 hour session. Will do my best to hold it to 4 hours but it may go slightly longer.
Term: AL module - 1 time

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Discord Server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: min 3 max 7
Character starting level & equipment:AL characters 1-4, Adventurers League characters
Character restrictions: AL characters, standard array or point system acceptable

Details of your scenario: Scholars Square is a relatively quiet corner of Phlan, but a series of odd thefts have the headmasters of various schools in the area concerned. The headmasters' pleas for help have gone unanswered by the Black Fist, and the Lord sage of Phlan decides to reach out to adventurers to bring those responsible to justice. Al characters level 1-4.

I like to have the characters submitted early, so I have time to prep for them and get the log sheets ready. Please post your characters to this forum post.

Please NOTE: This is my first time DMing on FG, so it might go a little painfully but we will get through it.

DragonsDen13
July 1st, 2017, 23:57
Link to the calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2606

Wulfdeyne
July 2nd, 2017, 00:33
Here is my character file for the 8th, looking forward to it!

DragonsDen13
July 2nd, 2017, 02:10
Thanks Wulfdeyne.

DragonsDen13
July 2nd, 2017, 02:17
Attn Players: I only have the PHB, DMG and MM, so I can't access character classes, etc from any of the other books.

Sorry for any issues this may cause you as players.

Wulfdeyne
July 2nd, 2017, 07:48
He is a Firbolg which should be the only thing from outside PHB. Grants +2 Wis, +1 Str, invis for one turn/daily and increased size for carry weight. Rest is straight druid, planning on circle of land with grassland. If you want to I can log in tomorrow or sometime and share my book with you so you can look over it. Just let me know when you have time.

IrishBouzouki
July 2nd, 2017, 11:43
Merric is a rogue that will eventually use SCAG as a "+1" source. But just for the rogue archetype at 3rd+ level, not at 1st or 2nd level. So I will make a copy of him using the vanilla PHB for 1st and 2nd level that should work in your game. I think I have to do that even at low levels or FG will not work properly - it views classes from different sourcebooks as separate classes (at least it used to be that way I think and I've seen it cause issues before even when it looks like it should be exactly the same).
That threw me for a loop last night until I realized I could probably just make another version with only PHB and be ok.

edit: attached the PHB-only file

Pat512
July 2nd, 2017, 13:10
Dunai is a new character--Human Light Cleric, PHB only. I'm also new to FG--we can be painful together!

DragonsDen13
July 3rd, 2017, 05:05
If you have a token preference for your character, you can let me know and I will get it added to your character sheets.

Blood n Whiskey
July 4th, 2017, 01:25
Hello, I'm not sure if you're still looking for players for this adventure, but if so, I'd like to join in. I'll apply to the calendar right after posting here. Here's my character: Ulfgar, a Dwarven Fighter.

DragonsDen13
July 4th, 2017, 05:07
For those that have signed up but haven't gotten their character to me yet, if you could please either attach it in here or send it to me via PM, I would appreciate it.

DragonsDen13
July 4th, 2017, 05:43
I strongly recommend that if you haven't selected a Faction for your character that you do so. Belonging to a faction has several benefits, one of which is that you get a free Rez if you die (up through 4th level). Trust me, characters can die.

Blood n Whiskey
July 4th, 2017, 06:17
Just updated my character sheet to represent Faction selection.

Khai
July 4th, 2017, 17:18
hi, if still have space, I will like to join this. here mine character sheet
(edit with DCI number)

DragonsDen13
July 4th, 2017, 18:07
I need to get DCI#'s from some of you folks. If you don't have one, they are easy to get.

Pat512
July 4th, 2017, 18:22
i need to get dci#'s from some of you folks. If you don't have one, they are easy to get.

dci 8141070776

IrishBouzouki
July 4th, 2017, 19:12
mine is in the revised xml attached in this thread

Teufelhunde87
July 4th, 2017, 19:50
Sorry for the delay, didn't get a chance to work him up!

Khai
July 5th, 2017, 05:57
hi, I thinking of changing my fighter to eldritch knight, I don't have FG PHB, I only have the book, already know what spell to take. but will to make some adjustment before play,
PS: Teufelhunde87 can I use your event later to borrow the PHB. thanks?

Pat512
July 5th, 2017, 14:34
I'm playing another game tonight, and there's a decent chance I'll level (to 3). I'll PM you the updated sheet tomorrow.

Pat512
July 6th, 2017, 14:32
I (Dunai) have to bow out due to schedule changes. Have fun!

Elliannith
July 6th, 2017, 15:49
Attn Players: I only have the PHB, DMG and MM, so I can't access character classes, etc from any of the other books.

Sorry for any issues this may cause you as players.

I have SCAG and Volos I can bring to the table.

Teufelhunde87
July 7th, 2017, 16:20
I have SCAG and Volos I can bring to the table.

I have EE too, so we are covered.

DragonsDen13
July 7th, 2017, 22:52
If you haven't submitted your character to me yet, please do so. This is especially for those that are new players to AL.

This allows me a chance to review (for your benefit) and to get everything prepared for the adventure, in advance, so we can maximize play time.

Thank you.

Elliannith
July 8th, 2017, 01:03

Here's that shiny new Cleric... That this party so desperately needs.

DragonsDen13
July 8th, 2017, 23:15
Thanks everyone who was able to run and with baring with me as I struggled through the issues. I hope you enjoyed it.

Teufelhunde87
July 9th, 2017, 00:12
Thanks everyone who was able to run and with baring with me as I struggled through the issues. I hope you enjoyed it.

You did great Russ! First time is always uncomfortable. I still get the jitters!

IrishBouzouki
July 9th, 2017, 03:52
It was fun, thanks!

Khai
July 9th, 2017, 05:01
It was a good run, just run more DM and you will be an expert soon