PDA

View Full Version : Ambient sounds/music for live game

Devistation
July 1st, 2017, 01:01
So I have seen all the talk about discord and I might be wrong but it seems like this is a program for broadcasting, or playing online. I plan on having a live group of friends over to play and would still like to have some of the music, or ambient sounds in my game. What would you all recommend for that? Preferably something free. I thought about just using music on youtube but having a little more control sounds fun.

dulux-oz
July 1st, 2017, 01:39
I use Syrinscape (limited free - try it out - but well worth the price IMNSHO) along with the DOE: Sound Extension to control it all from within FG. The DOE: Sound also works with non-Syrinscape sounds - see the manual for full details.

Cheers

Devistation
July 1st, 2017, 18:07
Will Syrinscape play other music from my laptop if I decide to do that?

Trenloe
July 1st, 2017, 18:09
Syrinscape just plays its own music/sound effects.

If you have other music on your laptop, just play it like you would normally - using whatever player you use.

rob2e
July 1st, 2017, 19:25
I definitely recommend Dulux-Oz' DOE extensions which can be used to play sounds from your hard drive (all free). There is a learning curve, but all worth it.

Andraax
July 1st, 2017, 19:57
If you have a Syrinscape subscription, there is a utility that can be used to import other sounds into Syrinscape, but it's a bit finicky and a pain to use.

Devistation
July 1st, 2017, 20:23
Can I get an example of what the string/path would look like to autoplay a sound from the hard drive?

Andraax
July 1st, 2017, 20:46
Can I get an example of what the string/path would look like to autoplay a sound from the hard drive?

Kinda like this:

file:///M:/Music/Shannon%20Castle%20Singers/Medieval%20Banquet/07%20Buachaill%20on%20Eirne.mp3