PDA

View Full Version : Rulesset Error. changing type?

flekhabren
June 30th, 2017, 21:16
I've got a problem that I think I have figured out, but I wanted to check with the experts before I went through and changed things and it didn't work.

In the BRP GM module there is a portion that defines creatures, for NPC creation I think, db.xml starting at line 6780 , I wanted to use that for races for the players to reference in character creation.

The third data item in that list is notes, type string. In my code I changed that to type formatted text. Would that prevent it from loading? My first attempt to fix it I change the notes to npc_notes in one entry because of the reference to that in the error, but that didn't fix it.

Here are the errors I'm getting with my code

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (notes) in windowclass (npc_notes)
Script Error: [string "npc_notes:<unnamed>"]:1: attempt to index field 'notes' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (notes) in windowclass (npc_notes)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (notes) in windowclass (npc_notes)

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2017, 21:36
Yes, that would create all sorts of problems.

You can't change the data type of a field in a module without modifying the ruleset, and dealing with potential migration issues.

If you want to define races as a new record type in BRP, you'll have to create a new window class within the ruleset for races, and make sure that any module data points to the new window class and uses the same data field types.

Regards,
JPG