PDA

View Full Version : LF MENTOR - New GM for 5e D&D

the best caribou
June 30th, 2017, 03:26
Hello! This post will be short and sweet. I'm a new GM, I have some experience playing D&D 5e. I'm really looking for a tutor/mentor, someone who can help me learn to GM well, as well as teach me a bit out what FG can do. I'm making a sort of test one-shot at the moment.

I prefer to use Discord to chat! Just post here if you're interested! <3

jasonthelamb
June 30th, 2017, 04:54
Hey there, I'd be glad to help you learn the ins and outs of Fantasy Grounds. As for DMing - the only advice I can give you is to do it, and if you like it - keep at it and learn from mistakes.

LordEntrails
June 30th, 2017, 15:17
There are a bunch of links here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36014-GM-Advice)if you're into "self-help".

Magraff
June 30th, 2017, 17:40
Hi caribou,

I'd be happy to help. In the mean time, this series from Jason Hibdon is excellent for getting to grips with FG!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLePiBJtKmjLn5IzhpakEcVqAHoYfezZbe

Cheers,

Mag

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 18:06
I kept putting off until I "knew" enough. I finally gave up and took the plunge. Rules can be looked up(most times your players can even help out with the answers, and mistakes are going to happen, chalk them up as the fog of war. I run AL sessions on most Tuesdays, you are more than welcome to listen/log in to see my style(or lack thereof!). There are also several great Twitch feeds to you can watch to see various DM styles.
Greg

Morgentaler
June 30th, 2017, 20:07
Happy to help as well, feel free to PM me here on on discord
Morgentaler#8787

the best caribou
June 30th, 2017, 22:05
Thank you all for your offers and advice! Honestly I'll probably message all of you at some point <3 @Magraff I did watch a couple of those videos - very helpful!

Tad
July 1st, 2017, 04:19
Hi guys! Sorry to piggyback off caribou, but I would greatly appreciate some help understanding the inner workings of fantasy grounds as well. I've been dm'ing for about a year and want to get back into virtual tabletops. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

donpaulo
July 1st, 2017, 07:02
It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful this community is.

Confidence is a tough nut to crack.