PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 4 Players Mon 8PM EST USA 5e Lost Mine of Phandelver (CALLING ALL NOOBS)

BadLittleMonkey
June 30th, 2017, 00:15
FG License: I have an Ultimate license
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: Mondays, 8:00 – 11:00 pm (Game night can shift, if needed, as we adjust for individual players’ schedules; but ideally, a session will always fall between a Sunday and Wednesday night).
Planned start date: Monday, July 10th (This will be our Session Zero, where we will create our cast of characters, discuss the campaign setting, and review expectations and house rules).
Planned Duration & Frequency: Three hour session, Weekly
Term: Ideally, long term. We’ll start with Lost Mine of Phandelver, then move on to a follow-on campaign which the group will decide upon.

Text or Voice: Mostly voice, some text
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay / Exploration / Combat mix: 40% / 30% / 30% (I enjoy a lot of character interaction. There will be combat, but it will be story driven, and the result of exploration and social interaction; this is not a hack-and-slash/Diablo-clone/Murder Hobo campaign).
Number of Players in game/needed: 1/5, I have one player, need three or four more
Character starting level & equipment: PCs start at 1st level, using standard equipment rules out of the PHB. I will be using mostly Milestone level advancement.
Character restrictions: Prefer only core races and classes out of the PHB and SCAG (exception: Revised Ranger from UA). I’m willing to discuss UA/EE/Volo’s, etc. class, races, and spell options on a case-by-case basis, but I will need to be convinced. This story will be told from a humanoid point of view, so I prefer humanoid races as the PCs. Other races may be viewed as outcasts or evil.

Details of your scenario:

WELCOME TO THE SWORD COAST!

You are a group of freshly-minted, young adventurers seeking fame and fortune along the Sword Coast of the Forgotten Realms. Your journey will begin in the city of Neverwinter, where you have been contracted by the Dwarf explorer and mining speculator, Gundren Rockseeker. You’re to deliver a wagon-load of supplies to the rough and tumble mining town of Phandalin in the foothill of the Sword Mountains; several days journey south on the High Road, and then inland along the Triboar Trail. These roads may be well traveled, but that doesn’t mean they are completely safe. You will need a sharp eye (and sharp blade) to ensure this shipment makes it to its final destination safely.

I would like each member of the adventuring party to have a connection to at least one other member of the team, as this will help to cement bonds of camaraderie. Perhaps you were in the same military unit, or you were childhood friends now striking out together. While I don’t mind story drama and individual character agendas (in fact, I encourage it!) I like to shy away from direct forms of Player-vs-Player conflict. I want this to be a collaborative, not competitive, game.

I’m looking for players in any of these categories: those who are new to role playing games, in general; new to Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, specifically; or even new to Fantasy Grounds as their method of play. We will be taking the campaign slow and steady, explaining the rules (if necessary) and learning the interface as we go. I’m hoping for players who are interested in story-driven character arcs and exploration. Min/Max-ers and Combat Optimizers need not apply.

I will also warn off veteran Fantasy Ground users, unless you are interested in helping fellow players (and the DM) get up to speed. I’ve been a player on FG for a while now, but this campaign will be a learning experience for me since this will be my first time DMing a game using FG. While I have several years of experience running and playing RPGs, I’m still relatively new to FG.

If interested, please apply on the Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2612

I’ll reach out to you via private message after I see you’ve applied.

BadLittleMonkey
June 30th, 2017, 22:18
Oh, wow; that filled up quick!

I'll start reaching out those of you that applied over the next day, so we can begin to lock players in.