PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load into fantasy grounds: wizards problem?

Orccus
June 29th, 2017, 04:36
Not Wotc, but when I got the game just about an hour ago, and tried to open the game the first time, it showed this message: updating extensions/5E_Theme_Wizards.ext and then it crashes. I have tried running it as an administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling, making sure my steam account is connected, etc. but haven't been able to come up with anything. Any ideas?

Trenloe
June 29th, 2017, 06:12
Welcome to the forums Orccus. Sorry you're having issues.

Can you describe the crash? Do you get an error message or anything else?

LordEntrails
June 29th, 2017, 06:13
Hey Orccus, welcome to the forum, sorry your entry has to be as the result of a problem :(

I'm not sure what's going on, though I do recall a few reports over the last couple of weeks about problems with the Wizards Theme. But I can't remember them or find them at the moment.

I'm about to crash for the night, but I know someone else will be along soon to help you out. Our Kiwi and Aussie members should be waking up soon :) (And don't tell them I said this, but some of them are pretty smart! Even if they do like Vegemite!!)

About the only think I can think of is to make sure you enter your forum name, hit update and then enter your password. Then run the application Update to make sure things are working. Good luck, and hope to hear you're up and running by the time I wake up.

Orccus
June 29th, 2017, 21:57
Thanks for your responses folks. I apparently had to turn off anti-virus while downloading, and that fixed it up. Can't wait to start setting the campaign up!