PDA

View Full Version : Another Blood Hunter question

Devistation
June 29th, 2017, 00:42
Has anyone used a Blood Hunter in a game. I got the mod from the forums. My question is should I allow it? Are the overpowered? Do they disrupt the balance of the group. I will be doing SKT campaign with my group and I'm not sure if it will fit just because I do not know the class at all. One of my players wants to play it but I'm just not sure about it. Mostly because I'm still juggling all the other classes and learning FG at the same time.

Thank you all for you feedback

Nireckk
October 2nd, 2020, 17:13
I know this is an old thread but I found this cool guide to Blood Hunters that might help answer your question for anyone else who finds their way to this thread: https://www.playandground.gg/blood-hunter-5e-class-guide/

They don't seem overpowered at all; in fact, it seems like they're very niche and may even be underpowered in a lot of scenarios. But still a cool class overall and fun for role-playing!

MasterJena
October 4th, 2020, 13:57
I'd say go for it... I'm very criterious with the homebrew I allow at my tables and the Blood Hunter is quite fun and balanced. But, be warned:

- If he's not using the 2020 version, it's pretty underpowered and it won't take long until he realises it's shite.
- Lycan can be a little bit above the curve if most of the enemies are melee.
- Ghostslayer will ABSOLUTELY DESTROY undead creatures. If paired with a cleric, undead won't even last a round with your party.
- If your player is a Witcher fan, suggest the Mutant. If he's not, don't. It's the worst of them.
- I'm not too sure about the Profane Soul... Seems a little bit OP to me, but I've never seen it in action. The 11th level feature is bonkers.
- It's a complex class inside the features, but the gameplay is very simple. Tell your player to read it thoroughly if you're gonna allow it.