PDA

View Full Version : FG's suddenly very slow, stuttering mouse

Springroll
June 28th, 2017, 15:47
I'm having some problems with FG right now, it's slow (as in mouse movement, selecting etc.), I have not had this problem before, is it unique or did something happen in the last update?

Trenloe
June 28th, 2017, 15:51
Nothing happened in the last update that could cause this.

Check these in order:
- Look at windows task manager - how much memory and CPU is FantasyGrounds.exe using? Are there any other processes running that are using a lot of memory/CPU?
- Restart your computer and see if it still occurs.
- Start a new campaign without any extensions or modules activated. Does it happen with this bare-bones campaign? If not, load up your normal campaign and check the memory use and CPU of FantasyGrounds.exe in Windows task manager.

Full Bleed
June 28th, 2017, 18:42
I'm having some problems with FG right now, it's slow (as in mouse movement, selecting etc.), I have not had this problem before, is it unique or did something happen in the last update?
Not sure if this is your issue, but I get this behaviour when new DLC is updating or re-downloading.

If you load FG, wait about 15 minutes, does it still have the issue? Did it start acting this way right after opening new content?

Springroll
June 29th, 2017, 09:37
Not sure if this is your issue, but I get this behaviour when new DLC is updating or re-downloading.

If you load FG, wait about 15 minutes, does it still have the issue? Did it start acting this way right after opening new content?

To be honest I have not used FG in a while and have only downloaded the updates as they've gotten released, It's not game-breaking but the mouse-pointer micro-stutters so to speak and moving windows within FG is also done with a bit of stuttering. I've closed all background applications, I've restarted the computer, same issue. Perhaps I should re-install FG?
I have 16 GB of Ram so this should not be the issue either (FG uses about 1% of the CPU and 300-600 MB of Memory)... annoying but I'll live :)

Cheers for all the help though, excellent community!

Springroll
June 29th, 2017, 13:26
UPDATE: I updated the NVIDIA drivers again, and lo and behold, no more stuttering... :)