PDA

View Full Version : Creating New Rules Set questions

Morfedel
January 25th, 2006, 17:27
Well, I started looking over the d20 rules set files for plans on making some rules sets of my own.

And then noticed that the character sheets are images, with the editing fields defined seperately by the xml files.

Is that the best way to do it? Do I have to create my own character sheet graphics, then add in the fields? I saw someone else complaining about how much of a pain it was, and I must admit I find the entire process a bit daunting myself ;)

Cantstanzya
January 25th, 2006, 17:35
It's not that difficult. I am by no means a graphic artist but I was able to modify existing sheets and it looks pretty good. I use gimp for the graphics and textpad to edit the xml files. If you'd like some help with the graphics I'd be willing to help out. Just give me an idea of what you like to see on them. Don't expect much, after all I'd be doing it for free.

joshuha
January 25th, 2006, 21:39
This is very preliminary but I am going to start working on a WYSIWYG editor that allows to predefine how many tabs, size of each panel, etc. and then choose a background image for each tab and then have drag and dropable fields. You could then export this to XML and plug it in for a new sheet. It may take me a while to do this though and is more of a pet project than anything but just thought I would let you guys know.