PDA

View Full Version : purchasing lost mines of phandelver

AstarothNZ
June 27th, 2017, 01:44
ok i have subbed upto the ultimate edition i wish to now host a lost mines of phandelver adventure was just curious how this works? like because im only subbed once i purchase it will i have it as long as im subbed and when sub runs out i cannot use it anymore is it linked to my account, and how do i access it once i have purchased it does it get downloaded to somwhere or?

AstarothNZ
June 27th, 2017, 01:46
i just noticed somthing "Requirements: The 5E Ruleset and one of the following modules: D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack"
so does this mean i also have to purchase these as well?

LordEntrails
June 27th, 2017, 03:08
It means you need ONE of; "D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack"
You're ultimate subscription includes the "D&D Basic Rules" so you do not need to buy anything else. Though I think you said in another thread you have already bought the PHB, that is the Complete Core Class Pack.

So, are you using Steam or are you purchasing direct from the FG store? Assuming direct...After you purchase, run an Update. It will download everything.

Make sure you read the User Manual linked from the home page Help menu. You can also watch some of the videos.

All of those will show you how to create e new campaign, then go into the library of that campaign and activate your LMoP module and the Complete Core Class Pack or the Basic Rules (Don't do both!). They will then show you how to have your players create characters, how you can share maps and the player reference modules, etc

Trenloe
June 27th, 2017, 03:25
ok i have subbed upto the ultimate edition i wish to now host a lost mines of phandelver adventure was just curious how this works? like because im only subbed once i purchase it will i have it as long as im subbed and when sub runs out i cannot use it anymore is it linked to my account, and how do i access it once i have purchased it does it get downloaded to somwhere or?
The purchases are linked to your account. But you must have a current license (subscription or permanent) to be able to access them within a Fantasy Grounds campaign. Your purchases won't go away if your subscription lapses, you just won't be able to access them within FG.

The purchases are downloaded locally, but they are encrypted so you can't access the content outside of Fantasy Grounds.