PDA

View Full Version : LFG - Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Published Adventure

deeprlyeh
June 27th, 2017, 01:33
Hello,

I am looking for a group that needs another player. That is starting one of the published campaigns such as Tyranny of Dragons.

I am in GMT -5 (EST).

Looking to play at least once a month, but I would prefer more. On Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

I do have a mic and I can download any of chat software.

I can play whatever character fits the group well.

FG License: Standard Paid License

Thank you,

deeprlyeh
July 2nd, 2017, 23:25
Looking For Group

deeprlyeh
July 11th, 2017, 02:22
Looking for Group

JohnD
July 11th, 2017, 02:30
Many GM's don't pick up players who post that they are looking for games, they want the player to apply to their posts looking for players. The GM is able to go into some detail as to what type of game they are running in their post, and this lets you, as a player, better know what you are getting into and how you might fit into that game and group.

In other words; don't wait for a DM to come to you; rather seek them out in their recruitment threads.

deer_buster
July 11th, 2017, 03:08
Many GM's don't pick up players who post that they are looking for games, they want the player to apply to their posts looking for players. The GM is able to go into some detail as to what type of game they are running in their post, and this lets you, as a player, better know what you are getting into and how you might fit into that game and group.

In other words; don't wait for a DM to come to you; rather seek them out in their recruitment threads.

IMHO, that is a shame...as you would think you would look for players who are actively seeking to play on the dates/times you want to GM. That's why I think there should be a reverse game calendar too...you post your availability, and when enough players are available at a time that a GM wants to play, s/he gets them together and they play....

deer_buster
July 11th, 2017, 03:09
You should get an AL character together and keep an eye on the AL forum and game calendar to see when games form up.

Dminishing Rtns
July 11th, 2017, 06:46
I understand the sentiment, however given the general glut when it comes to the number of player seeking a group versus the DM's hosting for a group/campaign, it only makes sense that they would expect players to come to them. It's just a matter of minimal supply with a larger demand. Ultimately, having a reverse calendar puts the leg work of gathering a group on the shoulders of the GM, which isn't likely to fly in the current state of things. Like I said though, I do understand the sentiment. I guess it's just a GM's market so to speak.

GunnarGreybeard
July 11th, 2017, 07:37
I think quite a few GM's do troll the 'LFG - Looking for Group', I know I do, but its usually only when they need players. Since there are so many more players than GM's it probably does not happen much.

JerryRig
July 11th, 2017, 17:15
There are 2 Pathfinder games open. Pathfinder is basically identical in play as AD&D 3.5 edition but FAR FAR more expansion and choices. AD&D 5E is based on getting new people interested so it removed depth of content for ease of beginning. Pathfinder stopped making products for AD&D around 3.5 and creating their own offshoot with much simplified rules then AD&D but expanded on depth of content and choices players can make when creating a character. Basically if you can imagine a type of character that is different then out of the box ...pathfinder has a way to build it and play it. This is my basic grasp on the most distinct differences in pathfinder versus AD&D (particularly 5E).

If you would like to check it out ...most people who play pathfinder continue to play it much more. Pathfinder just doesn't have the bankroll that Dungeons & Dragons does to advertise and push their product so its not the hot ticket but it is a game that once tried ...hard for people to accept the restrictions that 5E imposes on character creation/development. If you like making your choices along the way rather then package stuff at each level ....give pathfinder a shot and see if it fits.

Anyhow here is a link to the two games ...

Serpents Skull (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37122-(Pathfinder)-Serpents-Skull-Campaign-Starting-Sunday-s) Sunday mornings at 9AM Central time (UTC-6)

Hells Rebel's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38409-Hells-Rebels-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-players) Friday evenings at 5pm Central/6pm Eastern

All the info needed is at the above links for each of the games. Give it a try and if its not something you like you can withdraw from the campaign no questions asked. I'm on the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server (connection info (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)) pretty much every day if you care to talk more on the topic or about joining and making a character.

V/r ...
JerryRig