PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing Eberron content?

Milke
June 26th, 2017, 23:19
Just wondering if anyone had done Eberron races or spells, etc, for FG in Pathfinder.

Wookiee420
June 27th, 2017, 02:54
Eberron is a D&D thing, i dont think anyone has any of it for Pathfinder ever. However if you look into the Unearthed Arcana module available for free on DMs Guild then you will find information about it

swbuza
June 27th, 2017, 04:37
Not only that, it's a 4th ed D&D thing. It's kind of the reason Pathfinder exists.

Wookiee420
June 27th, 2017, 04:44
there is a 3.5 version too, thats the one i know..i never looked into anything 4th edition

Milke
June 27th, 2017, 05:14
Eberron was the very first v3.5 D&D setting. Many people play Pathfinder set in Eberron, I wondered if anyone had made any Fantasy Grounds mods for the races, spells, etc.

LordEntrails
June 27th, 2017, 20:19
Eberron was the very first v3.5 D&D setting. Many people play Pathfinder set in Eberron, I wondered if anyone had made any Fantasy Grounds mods for the races, spells, etc.
Not that I've seen. I think it's all protected IP anyway, so it couldn't be shared.

Trenloe
June 27th, 2017, 20:49
I think it's all protected IP anyway, so it couldn't be shared.
Yep. WotC didn't release it under the OGL.

Milke
June 27th, 2017, 23:07
Ohhhh. Okay. I've seen lots of fan created content for the pencil & paper RPG online. But I guess they can't do it for the computer program? I didn't think the mod creators had permission for all the AD&D stuff they made. I guess I thought fan created was okay if it wasn't being sold.
There's more stuff I don't know than stuff I do, unfortunately.

Trenloe
June 27th, 2017, 23:18
Fan creations based in Eberron that don't use copyright material is fine. Which is quite different from people making modules using the races, classes, spells, etc. from Eberron and then distributing them - this is breaking copyright. Even if it's free, it is still breaking copyright. There are plenty of places on the Internet where you can get copyright violating material, but not on these forums - we're very careful about preventing any copyright protected material from appearing on these forums without the owner's permission.

Erin Righ
June 27th, 2017, 23:26
As I understand it. If I make a copy of a page from a book to use in my game, that's technically not allowed but un-prosecutable , if I give that page to one of my players, that is also technically not allowed but also not prosecutable. If he scans the page and puts it on his computer, the record makes it prosecutable but so costly as to be not worth it. If he takes the scan and turns it into a webpage and posts it online, he MAY get prosecuted depending on how flagrant he is about it, or may get a copywrite infringement warning. If he takes it down and converts it into a FG Module for use in his game, that is OK, but if he shares that FG Module he could get prosecuted. If he posts THAT online, he will get it removed for blatant copywrite infringement, or if not, he WILL receive a Copywrite notice, and further legal action if he doesn't remove it. If he posts the module for sale, he WILL get sued.

Basically, there is no "legal" way to copy a work, but there are ways that are unprosecutable, ways that are "not illegal", and ways that can get you in serious trouble.

Ken L
June 27th, 2017, 23:36
As I understand it. If I make a copy of a page from a book to use in my game, that's technically not allowed but un-prosecutable , if I give that page to one of my players, that is also technically not allowed but also not prosecutable. If he scans the page and puts it on his computer, the record makes it prosecutable but so costly as to be not worth it. If he takes the scan and turns it into a webpage and posts it online, he MAY get prosecuted depending on how flagrant he is about it, or may get a copywrite infringement warning. If he takes it down and converts it into a FG Module for use in his game, that is OK, but if he shares that FG Module he could get prosecuted. If he posts THAT online, he will get it removed for blatant copywrite infringement, or if not, he WILL receive a Copywrite notice, and further legal action if he doesn't remove it. If he posts the module for sale, he WILL get sued.

Basically, there is no "legal" way to copy a work, but there are ways that are unprosecutable, ways that are "not illegal", and ways that can get you in serious trouble.

Perfectly summed up.

Also the reason why I'm not sharing my SR5e modules (items/spells) as Catalyst Labs leaves it closed.

Milke
June 28th, 2017, 00:05
So, it breaks copyright to make it for the forums. But I could figure out how to make it, and use for my own personal game.

Trenloe
June 28th, 2017, 00:10
So, it breaks copyright to make it for the forums. But I could figure out how to make it, and use for my own personal game.
Correct. Personal, private use is OK.