PDA

View Full Version : Activate Modules?

Morfedel
January 25th, 2006, 01:21
I was trying out some of the free modules and stuff you can find on the internet. I downloaded two free items from 4 Ugly Monsters.

It says you put the two modules in the modules folder. Great. So then I open up a campaign, and see I can "activate" the modules.

Uhm.... how? I click on the little golden circles. Nothing happens. Is something supposed to happen? How do I use them?

Thanks!

Ablefish
January 25th, 2006, 07:32
If you open up the Story window you'll see that items appear there when you 'activate' the module. Deactivate and they'll disappear. Same for maps and whatever.

Morfedel
January 25th, 2006, 15:56
Hm. Well, I installed the two freebies from 4 Ugly Monsters. I see the tokens it intends, but activating the modules isn't showing anything different.

Cantstanzya
January 25th, 2006, 16:56
If you are using a different ruleset than what it was created for it won't activate. You can go into one of the files and change it to your ruleset, but I don't remember what file it is. I'll check when I get home.

Morfedel
January 25th, 2006, 21:28
Ah. Also, may have been a version problem. Turned out RPGNow sent me 1.03, and this is up to 1.05 now. Updated, and it worked. ;)

Maelstrom78
February 3rd, 2006, 11:19
Hrm, I have like the party treasure mod and campaign notes mod, and am using the SRD ruleset. I can't get either one to work:> So any help would be great:) I've tried moving them around to different folders, creating a modules folder in the specific campaign, etc. And yes I first tried putting them in the original modules folder:> I don't even get them on my Modules tab in FG at all.. .let alone having problems activating them hehe.

gurney9999
February 3rd, 2006, 15:14
Hrm, I have like the party treasure mod and campaign notes mod, and am using the SRD ruleset. I can't get either one to work:> So any help would be great:) I've tried moving them around to different folders, creating a modules folder in the specific campaign, etc. And yes I first tried putting them in the original modules folder:> I don't even get them on my Modules tab in FG at all.. .let alone having problems activating them hehe.

Two things.

1. Place any modules in your Fantasy Grounds / modules folder... nowhere else.
2. Make sure when you open a campaign, it uses the same ruleset that was used to create the module. (There are other threads on this forum that address how to modify the ruleset of the module to make it show up under Module Activation for a campaign that uses a different ruleset).