PDA

View Full Version : Conditional Dice Rolls?

Netjera
June 26th, 2017, 06:25
Is there a way to create a conditional dice roll for a table? Or to have a dice roll that builds itself up and responds appropriately?

For example, I have a table with six entries. The first roll happens when the players make a successful search. The roll is 1d4. On each successful search, the die roll increases by 1. So the first roll generates 1 - 4, the second roll generates 2 - 5, the third roll generates 3 - 6, the fourth roll 4 - 7, etc. I want to create a formula in the table which tracks how many times the die has been rolled, and adds 1 to each successive die roll. (Since I'll know when the players successfully search.) Is this possible? I can't seem to find the wiki page that talks about the different formulas you can do with dice.

Thanks!

Net

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2017, 08:32
The tables will support chained rolls by dropping a table link or including the name of a target table in brackets. However, each table roll is independent.

Regards,
JPG

Netjera
June 27th, 2017, 02:57
The tables will support chained rolls by dropping a table link or including the name of a target table in brackets. However, each table roll is independent.

Regards,
JPG

Yeah, I knew that already. I just can't figure out if there's any way to use them to make this work. There needs to be a way to track how many times the table has been rolled upon, so that the counter can increment by 1 each time. Is there a dice formula to do that?

Thanks!

LordEntrails
June 27th, 2017, 03:01
Yeah, I knew that already. I just can't figure out if there's any way to use them to make this work. There needs to be a way to track how many times the table has been rolled upon, so that the counter can increment by 1 each time. Is there a dice formula to do that?

Thanks!
No there is not. You would have to develop your own logic and extension.

Netjera
June 27th, 2017, 05:57

Ugh! lol Yeah, I'm not that good with this stuff yet. :) But thanks.

Marmus
June 27th, 2017, 18:05

Curious: Are there articles about how to do this type of extension? I saw somewhere that the program uses LUA script? Any way to integrate with C#?

Trenloe
June 27th, 2017, 18:06
Curious: Are there articles about how to do this type of extension? I saw somewhere that the program uses LUA script? Any way to integrate with C#?
Start here for info (and links) to coding in FG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset

C# cannot be used.

Marmus
June 27th, 2017, 18:15
Start here for info (and links) to coding in FG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset

C# cannot be used.

Thank You! That is a great link, i had perused the Wiki, but this link has what appears to be more specific info. LUA it is then!

I am new to FG, but love modifying/customizing games. I really appreciate developers who leave open doors for such modifications.