PDA

View Full Version : Masked images view as transparent

Vishera
June 26th, 2017, 02:29
Im using a custom theme (5e) and when I apply a mask to an image it's transparent. I can see the maskedimages folder which is populated with the areas I've masked off, but it's really difficult on-screen. What defines the transparancy of the masks?

Trenloe
June 26th, 2017, 02:45
Moved to the Workshop forum as this is to do with custom theme development, not base technical support.

The mask is based off the central portion of the graphics file used in the ruleset <framedef name="imagebox"> frame definition. By default this is graphics/frames/imagebox.png

Check in your custom ruleset for this frame definition and which image file it is using, and then review that image.

Looking at your screenshot it looks like that portion of the window is completely missing, so I'm guessing you're going to have to investigate why - take the above framedef info as a starting point.

Also, for things like this, open the FG console (type /console in the chat window) and then reload the ruleset - the console will probably show some warnings about missing resources and provide a place to start your troubleshooting.

Vishera
June 26th, 2017, 03:02
Moved to the Workshop forum as this is to do with custom theme development, not base technical support.

The mask is based off the central portion of the graphics file used in the ruleset <framedef name="imagebox"> frame definition. By default this is graphics/frames/imagebox.png

Check in your custom ruleset for this frame definition and which image file it is using, and then review that image.

Looking at your screenshot it looks like that portion of the window is completely missing, so I'm guessing you're going to have to investigate why - take the above framedef info as a starting point.

Also, for things like this, open the FG console (type /console in the chat window) and then reload the ruleset - the console will probably show some warnings about missing resources and provide a place to start your troubleshooting.

good call. I ran the console and reloaded, and got a bunch of warnings..

Ruleset Warning: framedef: Could not load file (graphics/frames/imagebox4.png) for resource (imagebox)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Top edge width (-300) of frame (imagebox) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Left edge height (-285) of frame (imagebox) less than minimum suggested height (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Right edge height (-285) of frame (imagebox) less than minimum suggested height (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Bottom edge width (-300) of frame (imagebox) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Middle width (-300) of frame (imagebox) less than minimum suggested width (3)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Middle height (-285) of frame (imagebox) less than minimum suggested height (3)

further investigation is really needed. hmm

Vishera
June 26th, 2017, 03:06
ah. I had an imagbox4.png lol damn typos. Fixed it, thanks Trenloe

Nickademus
June 26th, 2017, 16:13
I don't know, I kind of like that effect...