PDA

View Full Version : Want to try al??? Ddex 1-1 7/3/2017 1800 edt

Teufelhunde87
June 25th, 2017, 22:22
DDEX1-1 Defiance in Phlan , 7/5/2017 1800 EDT
FG License: Ultimate, all you need is the demo version.
Game System: D&D 5e Adventurers League

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Discord Server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: min 3 max 7
Character starting level & equipment:AL characters 1-2 Adventurers League characters
Character restrictions: AL legal level 1-2 characters

Details of your scenario:
The Cult of the Dragon has come to Phlan, a lawless refuge on the Moonsea. Now, with no significant authority to stop the cult, other power groups in the Realms—the Harpers, Order of the Gauntlet, Emerald Enclave, Lords’ Alliance, and even the Zhentarim—must unite to stop the cult from fulfilling its dark purpose in the city. Join the fight by participating in any one of five different missions aimed at stopping the cult. An introductory adventure for 1st-level characters. I would like to run this for people that are new to AL and want to give it a shot. They will get priority in this session.
Please submit characters early for verification. Extremely important for first time players!
Game Calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2605

DragonsDen13
June 26th, 2017, 00:14
Signed up with Leoinus but will gladly drop if you need space for a new player wanting to try AL.

Teufelhunde87
June 26th, 2017, 00:25
Sounds good! I'll keep you on the list !

Teufelhunde87
June 26th, 2017, 00:30
Had to change the date to 7/5 due to complications!

DragonsDen13
June 26th, 2017, 00:33
Might ask them to change the title to reflect this as well. Title still shows the 3rd.

Wulfdeyne
June 26th, 2017, 01:52
I signed up to try and run my druid but I'll bow out if there are new players as well.

Teufelhunde87
June 26th, 2017, 11:00
@Wulfdeyne Thanks! I'll keep you posted!

Tuendal
June 26th, 2017, 14:42
I signed up. I've not played an AL game before and would like to try playing a dwarven cleric following the war domain. If accepted, do we pre-gen our characters and import or build on your server on game day?

IrishBouzouki
June 26th, 2017, 18:09
put in for wait list, not new to AL, looking at two new lvl 1 pc ideas will pick 1 next couple days and post on calendar, in case there is room left
thanks

edit: new character (old player) attached

edit 2: actually, I really like my other character idea, introducing Merric Quickblade (aka Merric "the Redde"), Lightfoot Halfling Pirate Rogue! If you get far enough on the alt list I'd like to go with him instead of my Fire Genasi Paladin.

Teufelhunde87
June 26th, 2017, 18:47
I signed up. I've not played an AL game before and would like to try playing a dwarven cleric following the war domain. If accepted, do we pre-gen our characters and import or build on your server on game day?

Pregen using AL guidelines. Standard array or standard point buy and class/ background equipment. You can use ONE resource per character from EE, Volo's , or SC. I can help if you need!

Tuendal
June 26th, 2017, 23:13
Sounds good, i went with the standard array.

Teufelhunde87
June 26th, 2017, 23:41
Sounds good, i went with the standard array.
It is also highly recommended to have a faction in AL. Bonds, ideals, flaws should also be filled and DCI numbers is recommended (From Wizards site) so you can play your character in any AL game, tabletop or virtual! It all sounds regimented and legal, but it really isn't !!!
Factions are necessary for renown advancement, and they can also give a charity Res up to level 4 (invaluable!)

DragonsDen13
June 26th, 2017, 23:55
It is also highly recommended to have a faction in AL. Bonds, ideals, flaws should also be filled and DCI numbers is recommended (From Wizards site) so you can play your character in any AL game, tabletop or virtual! It all sounds regimented and legal, but it really isn't !!!
Factions are necessary for renown advancement, and they can also give a charity Res up to level 4 (invaluable!)

Yes, can't strongly agree enough......faction...faction...faction. Oh, and a god isn't a bad idea either......you know for those Hail Mary moments. ;)

TempoSpire
June 27th, 2017, 01:26
I am really looking forward to this. As someone with a young child, it is hard to get out to live AL games.

If things go well, will this lead to more events? Or is this just a one off thing to give people new to AL an idea of what it is?

I would really like to get involved in an AL event that runs weekly on Wednesdays (as only Mon & Wed work well for me normally).

Teufelhunde87
June 27th, 2017, 01:35
I am really looking forward to this. As someone with a young child, it is hard to get out to live AL games.

If things go well, will this lead to more events? Or is this just a one off thing to give people new to AL an idea of what it is?

I would really like to get involved in an AL event that runs weekly on Wednesdays (as only Mon & Wed work well for me normally).

I run most Tuesdays. There are a couple of guys starting to run games, Mondays could become weekly. I could always move to Mondays too. AL can be addicting!

TempoSpire
June 27th, 2017, 01:47
Good to know.

Tuesdays are my wife's day (she plays Pathfinder), so I can't do Tuesdays.

I will try out the July 5 game and when that gets me hooked, I see what else I can get involved in.

Thanks for the information.

Tuendal
June 27th, 2017, 03:57
ok, so got the DCI# and picked a faction (always partial to the Harpers...i read most of the Harpers series from Forgotten Realms when i was younger). Yeah, interested to see how the AL goes, there isn't a game store with-in 50 miles of where i live so playing online is my only option...since I'm going to give the War Domain a try, i picked a god Tempus...so this should be interesting.

Teufelhunde87
June 27th, 2017, 10:32
ok, so got the DCI# and picked a faction (always partial to the Harpers...i read most of the Harpers series from Forgotten Realms when i was younger). Yeah, interested to see how the AL goes, there isn't a game store with-in 50 miles of where i live so playing online is my only option...since I'm going to give the War Domain a try, i picked a god Tempus...so this should be interesting.

Sounds great! We are getting more DM interest, so games should become more readily available now. They fill up real fast! I have the same issue with local games, time or availability! FG filled that void.

Teufelhunde87
June 28th, 2017, 13:16
Hey all, I need to start getting some characters submitted. This is important for 1st time characters, for verification etc. If they are submitted at the last minute, this will seriously cut into game time , which means less "chapters " played in this module and less XP. You can attach them on this thread , or PM me for my email. I have 1 character so far.

Tuendal
June 28th, 2017, 13:25
here is my character sheet for you to validate.

Teufelhunde87
June 28th, 2017, 13:55
here is my character sheet for you to validate.

Thanks!!!! I usually find that things were missed that benefit the player more than the other way around, but it also helps me prep. And I have had seriously deficient sheet dropped on me at game time also!(only once that I recall, but lesson learned!)
Greg

Tuendal
June 28th, 2017, 23:28
going to upload the new character sheet based on your feedback and i also did a little more proof-reading of my character write-up and fixed a few things there.

Teufelhunde87
June 28th, 2017, 23:44
going to upload the new character sheet based on your feedback and i also did a little more proof-reading of my character write-up and fixed a few things there.

Thanks! There a 5 "Chapters" in this module , 1 hour each< I hope to run at least 4.They look really fun!

deer_buster
June 30th, 2017, 03:51
I would like to try this. I'm signed up for AL, but haven't played AL yet, nor used FG yet. I'm open as far as characters go, so I can round out a party.

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 03:56
I would like to try this. I'm signed up for AL, but haven't played AL yet, nor used FG yet. I'm open as far as characters go, so I can round out a party.

Make any character you want to play long term! Sign up on the game calendar so I can shuffle things around! Happy to get you started!

deer_buster
June 30th, 2017, 06:07
Pregen using AL guidelines. Standard array or standard point buy and class/ background equipment. You can use ONE resource per character from EE, Volo's , or SC. I can help if you need!

How do we pre-gen in FG?

DragonsDen13
June 30th, 2017, 06:51
Easiest way is to use the standard array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
Decide what race you want to play.
I like to decide what class I want to play and select my background first, add it to my character sheet and then add the class.
Then go off of the class listed gear items, spells, etc.

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 10:34
How do we pre-gen in FG?

If you need any help , let me know. I can try to link up and help you generate a character this weekend. Takes about 1/2 hour or so.

deer_buster
June 30th, 2017, 13:24
I actually have already created the character in the sample campaign, but when I go to "Manage Characters" in the launcher, I don't see him, and can't add him

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 14:50
I actually have already created the character in the sample campaign, but when I go to "Manage Characters" in the launcher, I don't see him, and can't add him

Did you export it from the campaign?

Elliannith
June 30th, 2017, 16:54
Hey DM...

Would you like a couple experienced players to help sort out the Character Generation? So you don't have to do it all yourself>

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 17:04
Hey DM...

Would you like a couple experienced players to help sort out the Character Generation? So you don't have to do it all yourself>

Never turn down good help!

marcusrife
June 30th, 2017, 18:49
Great... That is all we need more players! :) Just kidding the more the merrier. I like what we are building here. If you do have a vague interest in dm'ing though we really could use those. Teufelhunde87 and I are willing to help you get started.

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 18:53
Great... That is all we need more players! :) Just kidding the more the merrier. I like what we are building here. If you do have a vague interest in dm'ing though we really could use those. Teufelhunde87 and I are willing to help you get started.

Absolutely! I waited too long to try DMing. The best way to learn IMO is just dive in, you learn something new every game, and the players are just happy to be able to play a game. They will help remind and assist if there are mistakes made. I found I actually like DMing as much as playing. The groups are great and you never know what to expect.

deer_buster
June 30th, 2017, 22:18
Well, they sure didn't make that intuitive....that's for sure...now yes, I have exported out of the sample campaign and he is imported into my Manage Characters now.

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 23:20
Well, they sure didn't make that intuitive....that's for sure...now yes, I have exported out of the sample campaign and he is imported into my Manage Characters now.

When the game is over , I will export it from the game(while you are still logged in) and you will (should) find it in the campaigns box in the manage characters page . Can you attach the file to this thread? I will verify and have it ready for you in the PC's box come game night!

deer_buster
June 30th, 2017, 23:31
Here ya go

Teufelhunde87
June 30th, 2017, 23:36
Here ya go

Thank you sir!

DragonsDen13
July 1st, 2017, 02:21
There is an excellent group of people on the forums, willing to answer questions and assist with any issues. Sometimes those answers may seem like some alien language or may seem haughty but if you are patient and ask your question in a different way then you will eventually find the answer you seek. Like one big family....want to spend some time with them....just not too much! :)

Camasi
July 1st, 2017, 16:34
Here's my Half-Elf Rogue. Sorry for the delay in uploading to this thread!

Teufelhunde87
July 1st, 2017, 16:40
Here's my Half-Elf Rogue. Sorry for the delay in uploading to this thread!

Thanks, I'll verify as soon as I get home!

Pat512
July 2nd, 2017, 13:03
Uploading a Human Life Cleric--new to AL & FG. Thanks!

Teufelhunde87
July 2nd, 2017, 14:56
Uploading a Human Life Cleric--new to AL & FG. Thanks!

I will put you on alternate. Tuesday is filled. I will try to find a date to run again!

Pat512
July 2nd, 2017, 14:57
Thanks!

Teufelhunde87
July 2nd, 2017, 15:05
I have one other guys that had just contacted me , Alt # 1 has a chance of making it in! Check in on Discord at game time and I will keep you posted. If anyone drops in the meanwhile I will let you know!

Pat512
July 2nd, 2017, 15:11
Will do!

Pat512
July 3rd, 2017, 13:30
I missed buying supplemental gear when I rebuilt the character after learning how FG doesn't work, so here's the finalized version in case I get in tomorrow. Nothing else changed.

Tuendal
July 3rd, 2017, 15:10
Just making sure that the Game is on Wednesday (as that is what the game calendar shows...but seeing references to Tuesday). Shouldn't be a huge deal, but want to make sure i show up on the correct day.

Pat512
July 3rd, 2017, 16:07
Just making sure that the Game is on Wednesday (as that is what the game calendar shows...but seeing references to Tuesday). Shouldn't be a huge deal, but want to make sure i show up on the correct day.

No, I just thought today was Tuesday! :D

Teufelhunde87
July 3rd, 2017, 16:17
It is Wednesday! My usual is Tuesday, but the 4th would be a bad night to run a game!!!!! Wed the 5th @1800 EDT.
Greg

Camasi
July 4th, 2017, 15:58
I wasn't paying attention to the time starting so early (I am used to living in CST and I am working in pacific time zone right now) So I may be just a tiny bit late. I will know for sure before the game and will notify.

Pat512
July 4th, 2017, 16:13
Last version, honest! Updated after last night's game.

Pat512
July 4th, 2017, 18:41
Last version, honest! Updated after last night's game.

Or I could notice I leveled last night . . . Been a while since I played 5e and 300xp seems small!

Tuendal
July 6th, 2017, 04:04
ok, that was a blast, looking forward for when the next session can be run. Thanks for the introduction to AL. Thanks to the group, that was a pretty solid group and enjoyed the entire setup.

deer_buster
July 6th, 2017, 04:32
Great game...thanks for hosting this. Any plans to run the other Missions at a later date?

Teufelhunde87
July 6th, 2017, 12:52
ok, that was a blast, looking forward for when the next session can be run. Thanks for the introduction to AL. Thanks to the group, that was a pretty solid group and enjoyed the entire setup.

It was my pleasure! Always have a blast running these games, and you guys were great! Keep your eyes out for posts and game calendar updates. Casey and I run weekly , and there are others starting to jump into the fray !

Teufelhunde87
July 6th, 2017, 12:53
Great game...thanks for hosting this. Any plans to run the other Missions at a later date?

Absolutely! We should cycle back in to tier 1 soon. Keep checking the calendar, they fill fast!

Pat512
July 6th, 2017, 14:33
Great game--thanks, everyone!

Teufelhunde87
July 6th, 2017, 20:22
Great game--thanks, everyone!

Thanks for playing! It was a great run!