PDA

View Full Version : Non-English charsets

DarkStar
January 24th, 2006, 18:07
That's actually a question for the devs. I'm Polish and we got all those "funny" letters in our language, that English does not. What kind of character encoding FG uses? I know, I can't play with my Polish friends and use our native language, unless we strip down the extra characters, which is readable, of course, but it would look much better if we actually could use every character in our alphabet. It's ISO-8859-2 or Windows-1250. The best of all would be if you guys used Unicode, I wonder why you don't? :confused:

Goblin-King
January 26th, 2006, 10:00
The primary reason for this is that fonts are stored as bitmaps (reasons include transferability, graphical performance and a consistent/good appearance for all systems including Windows 2000), and fonts with the entire latin-2 character set would be unnecessarily large.

We are aware of the problem though, and would like to do something about this in the future. The most likely solution would probably be that you'd need to use a font generator utility (a more complex version of what's currently there) to select the individual characters to include in a font. We'll be sure to make it possible for non-english users to voice their opinions on the exact details when it's time to take this up in earnest.

ShadoWWW
February 19th, 2015, 19:53
Is it corrected? I really like the enviroment and features of FG2, and our two groups would like to buy ultimate license, but we stay on Roll20 because of the problem with displaying Central European characters.