PDA

View Full Version : Trying to use Syrinscape with FG and failing miserably!

the dirty fecker
June 25th, 2017, 18:27
I have been trying to set up FG with Syrinscape and cannot seem to be able to get it to work.

I looked at a video on Youtube and it says I need the DOE base extension and the soundscape extension. I downloaded both of these and put them into the extensions folder. When I open the D&D rulesets they are listed under the extensions available on the FG opening menu, but when I look at my own campaign they are not there. I am using the Warhammer 1st edition ruleset from this website. Am I doing something wrong?

I am planning to use Syrinscape, FG and discord to run games.

Has anyone any advice?

Gwydion
June 25th, 2017, 18:36
I have been trying to set up FG with Syrinscape and cannot seem to be able to get it to work.

I looked at a video on Youtube and it says I need the DOE base extension and the soundscape extension. I downloaded both of these and put them into the extensions folder. When I open the D&D rulesets they are listed under the extensions available on the FG opening menu, but when I look at my own campaign they are not there. I am using the Warhammer 1st edition ruleset from this website. Am I doing something wrong?

Has anyone any advice?

If you haven't already, the first thing to check is when you get ready to launch your campaign, have you checked to make sure you clicked on those extensions before you load your campaign? You have to load them for each campaign you want them in. Extensions are loaded automatically unless you check them. Hope that is it! <fingers crossed>

Gwydion
June 25th, 2017, 18:41

Has anyone any advice?

One other thought. I know the DOE extensions are compatible with 5E and the CoreRPG rulesets, but I'm not familiar with Warhammer 1st edition so its possible the extension isn't compatible with Warhammer 1st Edition. Hopefully someone will be along to help you sort it out if it's not either of these two items. Good luck!

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2017, 19:16
I think Gwydion's second post is the answer. If you don't see the extensions in the list when you start up any campaign then they won't be compatible with the ruleset you are using.

Trenloe
June 25th, 2017, 21:25
As mentioned, the DOE extensions aren't compatible with the WFRP 1e ruleset.

As a side note - this does not stop you using Syrinscape for sounds in your game through Discord. You'll just have to use Syrinscape directly to play the sounds/themes you want and pipe these through Discord to the players.

the dirty fecker
June 26th, 2017, 13:18
As mentioned, the DOE extensions aren't compatible with the WFRP 1e ruleset.

As a side note - this does not stop you using Syrinscape for sounds in your game through Discord. You'll just have to use Syrinscape directly to play the sounds/themes you want and pipe these through Discord to the players.

Yes, thanks everyone for the quick responses. Inbetween now and my first post I kind of started to think that might be the problem. It probably is not compatible with the WFRP ruleset... Ah well, at least I know. I have played around with discord and Syranscape and following a tutorial on Youtube have managed to get the two talking to each other so I can use it that way. It was quite complicated and I am no techie, but I managed to get it working. It is a great addition to online games. Thanks again to everyone who responded to this post!

Gwydion
June 26th, 2017, 13:20
Excellent! Love hearing success stories.