PDA

View Full Version : Public campaign data available (for players) offline?

GainunX
June 25th, 2017, 18:19
Is there a way for players to view public campaign data without GM being connected? I provide to my players a lot information about the campaign (handouts, local lore, etc). And one of my players said it would be interesting to read about these things when we are not playing, but as far as I know this is not possible, I'm wrong?
(If there is no such thing, I think it would be an interesting addition to do)

Andraax
June 25th, 2017, 18:22
Post your info on a website somewhere. The model that FG uses is that GM's computer is the server, so if it's not up, then no one else can access the info.

GainunX
June 25th, 2017, 18:44
I've noticed that players can access their characters through "manage characters" (although they can not change them from there).
I imagine that, like the character sheets, public campaign data is stored on the players' computer as well (after being shared by the GM). So maybe there was a way to access them offline.

I have knowledge of websites to store this type of information (such as Obsidian Portal), but it would be an extra job for the GM, I think it would be interesting an option like this in the FG itself.

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2017, 19:04
We do not have a way for players to access non-character content locally. The players need to be connected to the GM server. We have talked about implementing something persistent on our servers, but it's not something currently we have the resources to do.

As a workaround, you can leave your server up for players to connect to and view any shared data.

Regards,
JPG