PDA

View Full Version : New player looking for game

Sholari
January 24th, 2006, 14:23
Hello people,
I'm looking for a game, any genre.
Ideally weekend although I could play some week nights. I'm in the UK and have no current experience of Fantasy Grounds but I am a fast learner.
I have a lot of roleplay experience but haven't played any PnP for years although I do have some slight knowledge of D&D 3 and 3.5.

I will be prepared to throw myself into learning whatever ruleset I need to, however be advised that if you're using rules from half a dozen source books then I'm going to be way off track.

I'm mature, very reliable, easy going and I am well humoured.
I'll play most classes and roles within a group although I'd rather join a new or relatively new campaign.

Anybody got a slot for little old me?
:D
S.

Wraith
January 25th, 2006, 18:40
I have been thinking of starting a campaign but I don't know the FG system yet. If your interested in playing a future game with a Bab 5 meets Starship Troopers feel to it then keep in touch. I use the damage reduction as armor rule variete out of Monte Cooks UA. It will be a month or two but in the mean time we can try and pick up some players and maybe build some characters. I plan on using the point buy system for charater generation. I like to build my campaigns around the characters so I need backgrounds. It will be a base story of salvage crew that recovers lost naval ships.

I will post this campaign on the game calendar once I get FG and have at least the first adventure built.

Sholari
January 25th, 2006, 23:22
Hello Wraith,
A future game sounds interesting. I'm guessing you're talking about D20 future rules here? What source books would I need to reference to come up with a character? I'm happy to put a character and background together. I like GMs that think the characters are important to the crafting of the campaign, gives it that nice personal touch.

Wraith
January 26th, 2006, 15:00
Well to cover your questions...

Yes I'm talking about the d20 rules. I am currently working on getting a d20 modern ruleset for FG.
You can use any material from the D&D core rule books and the d20 modern, future, and weapons locker. All other sources must be cleared through me before being chossen to be placed in a character on a case by case basis.
Last I do not plan on only using ballistic weapons at the begining of the game and I do not use the wealth skill system.

And to end of this little rant I plan to ask all that want to play to please submite at least one paragraph about the charater/ charaters you would like to play, your curret time zone, and what times would be best for you to play (top three, four hour blocks) to [email protected] thank you.

longarms
January 27th, 2006, 02:55
Sholari check your PM.

Ugg, just noticed you are in the UK. My game may not be timed well unless you work the graveyard shift ;)

Sholari
January 30th, 2006, 09:14
Hello Longarms,
I did see your mail and I thought I had sent a response. Apologies if that didn't get through. Anyway, you're correct the time would be too late for me, but thanks for bearing me in mind.
Have fun
Sholari

Bware
January 31st, 2006, 12:22
There will be a Dnd campaign starting soon, in the CET (GMT +1) timezone. I currently have enough players, but some players don't have the full version yet of the software, so i'm counting in drop outs .. if you interested, check the game-calendar (The Shackled City)

Sholari
January 31st, 2006, 15:12
Hi Bware,
I did see your campaign but it looked very full. I already have the client so that isn't an issue for me. If there are any slots that pop up then give me a nod.
Have fun

Bware
January 31st, 2006, 15:26
Our first meeting is on thursday, I have 4 'base' players right now, so need 2 extra. If i don't find the 2 xtra players on thursday, you'll be th enext in line ;-)