PDA

View Full Version : Questions about d20 modern ruleset.

Asterionaisien
June 25th, 2017, 08:18
Hello guys, yesterday I bought the d20 modern set and today I've started experimenting with it.
I have some questions though, and I'm asking here because ther isn't any d20 section in the forums.

Anyway, a couple questions:

1) May I use the 3.5/path ogl modules with d20 ruleset?

2)In the character sheet, skills sections, the skills themselves have no link to the database even if it shows they should have. It works as intended or it's a bug? There is a way such they could be implemented, please?

Thank you very much for your attention and disponibility.

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2017, 19:16
Let me answer your questions. I'll try to provide a lot of background so you can make a choice.

A) The d20 Modern system is not as popular as others and doesn't have a dedicated developer, so it is in maintenance mode. We have been providing maintenance updates to ensure it continues to work, but there are no plans to enhance the ruleset.

B) Luckily, the d20 Modern ruleset is very similar to 3.5E, so it does get a little more general features.

1) The d20 Modern ruleset comes with its own version of the SRD d20 Modern data. By default, only modules built for d20 Modern will appear in a d20 Modern campaign. Any community modules or the base 3.5E modules can be copied and modified to allow access, but it will requiee you to unzip, update the definition.xml file with a new name and ruleset, and then zip back up with a new file name in he modules folder.

2) As mentioned above, this ruleset is in maintenance mode, so there are no current plans to add enhancements.

I hope this helps get you the information you need to decide.

Regards,
JPG

Asterionaisien
June 26th, 2017, 18:05
Thanks Moon for your fast answer; I like the ruleset, it is good; I was just surprised about the missing links, I thought it was a basic Fg feature (even free rulesets have it), thus in this case a bug, but anyway not a big issue.. the skills'descriptions are 2 clicks away instead than one :)
About changing the ruleset it did not know it was possible! Thank you, i will try and see what I can do with that, I would like very much to do a mixed 3.5/modern timehopping campaign.
My best regards