PDA

View Full Version : 5E Players handbook?

Taigon
June 24th, 2017, 18:43
Im looking throught the store and I cant find the Players Handbook for D&D 5E is there not one?

Zacchaeus
June 24th, 2017, 19:12
It is called the Complete Core Class Pack in the store.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPHBDELUXE

Taigon
June 25th, 2017, 14:31
It is called the Complete Core Class Pack in the store.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPHBDELUXE

Oh ok, thank you. I wondrer why they dont use the same title as the physical version. Its kind of confusing when you know what you are looking for and its called something else. Oh well, little quirks that you have to figure out

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2017, 16:45
Oh ok, thank you. I wondrer why they dont use the same title as the physical version. Its kind of confusing when you know what you are looking for and its called something else. Oh well, little quirks that you have to figure out

This was the way Wizards of the Coast wanted it, becasue it is possible to buy individual packs for each class and an additional pack which allows for customization. So, logically, the PHB is a combination of all of those packs and customization options; hence the Compete Core Class Pack.

Bidmaron
June 25th, 2017, 16:46
Still stupid

Taigon
June 25th, 2017, 17:24
This was the way Wizards of the Coast wanted it, becasue it is possible to buy individual packs for each class and an additional pack which allows for customization. So, logically, the PHB is a combination of all of those packs and customization options; hence the Compete Core Class Pack.

Oh, so the individual class packs and character customization aren't expansions of what is in the PHB / Core class packs? They're just class specific to break down the cost for beginning users? good to know that, thank you. You saved me from buying those extra.

That brings up another question then. Are the monster packs, like the D&D Monster Pack-Dragons expansions on what is in the core monster manual or are they the same materials covered in the core monsters?

Taigon
June 25th, 2017, 17:26
Still stupid

I agree, especially since they didnt do them all that way. For example, The Dungeon Masters Guide is still the same title whether it is hard copy or digital...makes no sense and is confusing for those of us that are new to using digital content versus hard copy.

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2017, 17:44
Oh, so the individual class packs and character customization aren't expansions of what is in the PHB / Core class packs? They're just class specific to break down the cost for beginning users? good to know that, thank you. You saved me from buying those extra.

That brings up another question then. Are the monster packs, like the D&D Monster Pack-Dragons expansions on what is in the core monster manual or are they the same materials covered in the core monsters?

Yes, the Monster Manual has all the monsters whereas the packs are just a subset of the monsters.

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2017, 17:48
Yes, the Monster Manual has all the monsters whereas the packs are just a subset of the monsters.

The DMG was sold as is, and not available in different parts like the Class packs and Monster Packs; hence the reason why it's got the same name.

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2017, 19:06
This decision was one that was outside of our control.

To specifically answer the class pack and monster pack question, they are subsets of the complete core class pack (i.e. PHB) and complete monster pack (i.e. MM).

Cheers,
JPG

Bidmaron
June 26th, 2017, 02:18
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply SW had done anything stupid, but that the title was stupid. WotC aren't the ones that have to answer the dozens of questions regarding the dumb a** title. Unless they have completely restructured their 5e pubs it is also inaccurate because the PHB for 3rd, 3.5, and 4th edition had a lot more than characters in them.