PDA

View Full Version : 5E New Item Category

inawkwardscience
June 23rd, 2017, 08:45
Am I allowed to create new item categories? If so, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

This is the full error code:
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_warforgedcomponentstable : reference.equipmentlists.warforgedcomponentstable@ Eberron Players Guide)

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2017, 12:11
How did you create that?

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2017, 15:52
The invalid class in the error is a FG <windowclass> which is the FG XML definition of that actual window to display. Don't change that name unless you have actually created a new windowclass.

inawkwardscience
June 24th, 2017, 06:52
How did you create that?

I have no idea what I am doing. I'm just opening up my PAR5E work and messing with XML.

The invalid class in the error is a FG <windowclass> which is the FG XML definition of that actual window to display. Don't change that name unless you have actually created a new windowclass.

Do you mean <listlink type="windowreference">? I'm unable to locate <windowclass>

LordEntrails
June 24th, 2017, 07:20
Have you tried just creating a couple of items right in the FG UI? You don't need to mess with any XML to create items and you can enter any category you want.

inawkwardscience
June 24th, 2017, 07:41
Thank you, I have. I'm going about it the hard way, I guess. I would really like the category to be linked PHB style.

Trenloe
June 24th, 2017, 11:11
Do you mean <listlink type="windowreference">? I'm unable to locate <windowclass>
Yes. That link type is referring to a <windowclass> definition in the ruleset. If you haven't created a new one then don't change any linklist type fields.

inawkwardscience
July 3rd, 2017, 05:40
Thank you, I think I worked it out now!

Another question...I seem to have a few questions. Where is the best place to post Module creation questions that mess with the XML/specific wording within FG? In the Par5e thread?

inawkwardscience
July 3rd, 2017, 05:43
<double post>

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2017, 08:27
This thread is fine for posting such questions, not in par5e please unless it is a par5e question.

inawkwardscience
July 3rd, 2017, 20:07
I saw this question posted in that thread so I wasn't sure. But I am looking to replicate the "Haunted One" background ffrom Curse of Strahd, and I can't. Is it protected under special coding?

Specifically, I need: 'Z, plus one of your choice from among A, B, and C'

I tried wording it exacly like the Haunted One background, but no luck.

inawkwardscience
July 4th, 2017, 23:22
I solved it!

Its:

X, plus one from among
A, B, or C