PDA

View Full Version : maps not sharing properly

Beerbelly
June 21st, 2017, 01:49
Hello

Since the last update, there has been an issue with 3 of my players and maps. When I share the maps, all they get is a window the size of the map, with the party's tokens on it, but everything is grey. It's almost as if the fog of war hasn't come off. We've tried resharing the maps, restarting FG, clearing thier caches. It seems to be intermittant and random in it's happening. I don't have a screen shot as it doesn't happen ever when I open the maps, just when I share them. It also hasn't happened when I've shared images from teh DMG. We are doing 5E and currently playing the "Horde of hte dragon queen" campaign.

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2017, 02:11
I would suggest unsparing as much as you can in terms of maps/images that are no longer needed. What modules are you currently sharing with the players?

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2017, 02:29
This usually means that the file transfer to the player or the file write on the player side has failed.

Given multiple players, it may be a noisy wireless connection issue. If using wireless, you can try moving closer to wireless access point or using wired connection.

Another option is to have players clear their cache before connecting next time to reset the cache files, and allow a fresh download attempt.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
June 21st, 2017, 05:26
Also, if you are on wireless, it is worth downloading a wifi analyzer app on your phone (if you have a smart phone) and checking which bands are in less use, and then configuring your wireless router to use one of those bands. Suprisingly, even though most routers come with the channel set to auto, they never seem to pick anything but the busiest channels!