PDA

View Full Version : 6/20 patch update issues

celestian
June 20th, 2017, 18:51
Getting this when I start up FG now.

https://i.imgur.com/FA78Y20.png

Thats just when I start it up, not when I load a ruleset.

Trenloe
June 20th, 2017, 19:16
Run the update again.

celestian
June 20th, 2017, 19:18
Run the update again.

Did, didn't apply anything. Didn't fix it. Also requires me to login each time.

Trenloe
June 20th, 2017, 19:23
Check that your version has not reverted to free - see the version in the top right of the main FG launch screen.

Then, go to <FG app data>\vault and delete 5E-addons.dat then re-run the update.

celestian
June 20th, 2017, 19:53
Check that your version has not reverted to free - see the version in the top right of the main FG launch screen.

Then, go to <FG app data>\vault and delete 5E-addons.dat then re-run the update.

Didn't revert to free version. Did as you suggested and nuked the .dat file and still seeing the error.
https://i.imgur.com/qchpA3d.png

Trenloe
June 20th, 2017, 19:57
What size is <FG app data>\vault\5E-addons.dat ?

Is it still asking for your FG store user ID and password each time you update? If so, there might be an issue with it storing your details. Try running FG as Administrator before you run the update.

celestian
June 20th, 2017, 20:05
What size is <FG app data>\vault\5E-addons.dat ?

Is it still asking for your FG store user ID and password each time you update? If so, there might be an issue with it storing your details. Try running FG as Administrator before you run the update.

Here is the file size details.
https://i.imgur.com/TY54wYA.png

I also ran FG as admin and still prompted for user/pwd each time.

What file/path is it trying to write to for the name/pwd, I'll check the permissions on the folder... tho that shouldn't be an issue as I am logged in as admin user.

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2017, 20:12
This can happen if your user name is changed or removed in the Settings.

Try going to Settings, Manage purchase account, use Clear button, click OK.

Then, use Manage button in Settings again, enter FG login credentials, submit the credentials, make sure the status reads as successful login, then click okay.

Finally, run the update again.

If still an issue, then delete vault/5E-adding.dat in FG data directory and re-update.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
June 20th, 2017, 20:20
This can happen if your user name is changed or removed in the Settings.

Try going to Settings, Manage purchase account, use Clear button, click OK.

Then, use Manage button in Settings again, enter FG login credentials, submit the credentials, make sure the status reads as successful login, then click okay.

Finally, run the update again.

That got it, thanks!

sturtus
June 20th, 2017, 23:02
Will free users without forum logins who have never logged into the app be required to login in order to run updates

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2017, 23:04
No, but it will prompt them. They can just hit the OK button, without entering any login information. A login is required to access purchases from any store (FG, Steam, Paizo, DTRPG, etc.), which is why the popup was added.

Or they can create an account just to enlighten us with their wisdom on the forums. ;)

As we move forward toward FGU, a valid FG account will most likely be required to update at all, which is why we decided to go ahead and start prompting.

Regards,
JPG

sturtus
June 20th, 2017, 23:14
No, but it will prompt them. They can just hit the OK button, without entering any login information. A login is required to access purchases from any store (FG, Steam, Paizo, DTRPG, etc.), which is why the popup was added.

Or they can create an account just to enlighten us with their wisdom on the forums. ;)

As we move forward toward FGU, a valid FG account will most likely be required to update at all, which is why we decided to go ahead and start prompting.

Regards,
JPG

Ok. Just anticipating the 5 minutes of tech support and questions regarding. This helps.

Stuart
June 24th, 2017, 20:58
Not too sure what the specific causes are but for the first time in a long time, FG is quite unstable. We crashed quite a few times and it it took multiple attempts to restart the Server - it seemed to keep freezing on the Loading screen. It took almost half an hour to get everyone back in after the first crash and then about an hour later, FG wheezed and fell off the wheel again. I'll do a complete re-install tomorrow and see if Sunday's game runs more smoothly.

LordEntrails
June 24th, 2017, 21:54
Not too sure what the specific causes are but for the first time in a long time, FG is quite unstable. We crashed quite a few times and it it took multiple attempts to restart the Server - it seemed to keep freezing on the Loading screen. It took almost half an hour to get everyone back in after the first crash and then about an hour later, FG wheezed and fell off the wheel again. I'll do a complete re-install tomorrow and see if Sunday's game runs more smoothly.
It's most likely that the amount of content you now have shared in your campaign has reached the limit and is causing the crashes. Have the GM and a player watch their process size in the Task manager to see if either of them are going over 3GB.

Trenloe
June 24th, 2017, 23:13
Have the GM check shared content. There have been reports of suddenly everything sharing with the players, which could create issues if a lot of content is available.

A quick fix, if this is the issue, is to type /flushdb in the chat window. Then the players should clear their cache before joining the game. This will remove all previous sharing, so the GM will have to re-share what is required - but keep it to a minimum to see if things are better.