PDA

View Full Version : FG Alchemy

mhorgunn
June 20th, 2017, 00:31
Ok ... so I want to make something Adamanite so the program reads it so the weapon will hit the iron golem. I added the term to two daggers under properties and it worked. However it did not work with the rapier or the arrows? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Trenloe
June 20th, 2017, 02:17
o I want to make something Adamanite...
Assuming you're using 5e? Check you've spelled adamantine correctly in the "type" section of the weapon (not properties). You should see that listed as a damage type in the chat window when you roll damage.

Otherwise, which ruleset are you using? Can you show us screenshots of what works and what doesn't?

mhorgunn
June 21st, 2017, 01:47
Yes D&D 5e ... I have an encounter coming up where a reluctant lich gave some of the party members a magical weapon and said ... you will need it down the road. So next dungeon they face a monster tha is resistant/immune to damage. So I have to rig it so the special weapons work ... magic weapons are resistant and regular do no damage.

My fix at the moment is to apply wererat immunity to the special weapons and rage to the magical (placing it on the creature at the appropriate time)

If anyone has any better suggestions ... I'm all ears!

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2017, 02:16
Make the NPC have immunity to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing weapons that aren't magical and resistant to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from weapons that aren't adamantine. I think.

mhorgunn
June 21st, 2017, 02:16
Thanks for the help Trenloe!!!

mhorgunn
June 21st, 2017, 02:19
Make the NPC have immunity to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing weapons that aren't adamantine, and resistant to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing. I think.
I was working on that but not sure I'm coding right ... will try again tomorrow. Thanks Zacchaeus!!!

mhorgunn
June 21st, 2017, 17:32
Make the NPC have immunity to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing weapons that aren't magical and resistant to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from weapons that aren't adamantine. I think.

Thanks!!! That was spot on! Worked like a charm.