PDA

View Full Version : Effect to force ongoing save?

jojogladco
June 19th, 2017, 23:59
I'm hoping to track down an effect that works similar to how DMGO does for damage that will auto roll a save on a creatures turn.

I'd like this to help with spells such as Spirit Guardians where the save isn't made when the player casts the spell but on the creatures turn when it starts inside the AOE.

Is this possible to achieve?

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2017, 00:10
Not currently, no.

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2017, 00:17
I just have the player trigger the spell save when it starts the NPC's turn. Automation would be nice, but it works pretty well as is.

jojogladco
June 20th, 2017, 03:01
Thanks for the replies. I'm currently just altering these spells a bit and having them resolve on the players turn. It's not game breaking from a balance stand point. Perhaps this will be a feature that makes it into Unity.

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2017, 11:25
You can still resolve this on the NPCs turn. The player can trigger the save even though it isn't their turn on the CT, by drag/dropping the save/damage/attack onto the NPC.

jojogladco
June 20th, 2017, 14:15
You can still resolve this on the NPCs turn. The player can trigger the save even though it isn't their turn on the CT, by drag/dropping the save/damage/attack onto the NPC.

This is a great work around for players who can handle it, I'm just not blessed with them.

The players are so worried about "getting screwed out of my spell" if they forget to trigger the effect on each NPC that they don't spend anytime thinking about what their character will do next. Things then grind to a halt on the players turns as they think through what to do next.

That's a PEBKAC issue not a FG issue.