PDA

View Full Version : Updated effects list

Beerbelly
June 19th, 2017, 15:49
Hey

Is there an updated list of effects that work anywhere? The Wiki hasn't changed in the year + I've been on FG. Not sure if there is even a need for one? If there isn't, are there plans to incorporate more effects, such as Mummy Rot? (Playing Tiamat here and that's a possibilty). I know work arounds, but was just wondering.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2017, 16:28
MODERATOR: Moved to 5E thread as I believe this is specific to D&D 5E. If not, I apologise and will move as necessary.

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2017, 17:55
The wiki is updated primarily by volunteers who have been regularly active in the community. If you have specific content to add to a section, one of the moderators or myself can add content to the wiki.

For the specific effect (Mummy Rot), we strive to automate about 80-90% of the rules in the game system, but we don't try to automate every specific rule, especially those only used by a single creature or single ability. We try to focus on rules automation for those things that are used often (attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, etc.). For mummy rot, there is no mechanism currently in the ruleset to support the Mummy Rot ability which affects hit point maximum, only triggers once per day, and kills when the target reaches zero

("The cursed target can't regain hit points, and its hit point maximum decreases by 10 (3d6) for every 24 hours that elapse. If the curse reduces the target's hit point maximum to 0, the target dies, and its body turns to dust.")

In this case, I would add a GM visible only effect to the PC that says Mummy Rot, and apply it each day.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2017, 22:09
In addition to the Wiki you'll find more links in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information) pointing to various resources to do with effects, either on PCs or NPCs. There are also a number of modules on the DMs Guild (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=5e+effects&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=) which have many effects in them