PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] 5th Edition DnD Homebrew Fortnightly GMT 8pm Sat Newbies Welcome

Maxibeard
June 19th, 2017, 10:02
Hi All

This game is currently now FULL. However if you message me with your application as stated below (RP/combat, DND wants, DM wants etc.) I can put you down as reserve in case of a drop out/no show before the first session. Thanks very much for all the interest and taking the time to sign up.

I'm a relatively new DM that has been running a game with a group of friends for 9 months now and played sporadically pre that. I started DMing off of the hype generated from shows like critical role and delved right in the deep end with running my own homebrew campaign with a bunch of newbies amongst my gaming friends.

I'd like to think they are all enjoying it as much as I do and so I would like to run it online as a means to properly learning FG (my FG experience has been limited to using it for maps but I will get the basics before we start), expand my own experience and meet some nice new gamers.

I would very much encourage your character creation and I will work with whatever you create. This being said, because I'm a relatively new DM i'd like to try and keep to just the PHB and DMG as I'm sure I'll make enough mistakes without having more material to sift through.

Please pm and sign up on the calendar with your applications. In your PM, try and give me a bit about your game style, what you want from the game, what you expect from your DM, your experience with FG etc. The more I have to work with the better.

FG License: I have the steam license which i believe is full.
Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Sat 8pm
If new game, planned start date: 24th June
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour sessions every two weeks. This can be reviewed as we play and as the group gets to know each others times properly. Willing to be flexible i.e session skips are ok with prior warning.
Term: As long as we can! I currently have written at least until 10th or so level.

Text or Voice: Both OK, however voice is essential.
Voice software used: Google hangout or skype.

Roleplay & Combat mix: This will depend on players. I aim for 50/50. I will choose a group that asks for similar levels and adjust accordingly
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes please. If you really have your heart set on something else we can talk about it. But as I'm newish i'd rather stick with what is in the PHB and DMG.

Details of your scenario: The outer city of Albaston, the breadbasket of the land and centre of commerce has been struck with famine and hardship as crops fail for the second year in a row. The city counsellors are at a loss and have hired groups of prospective adventurers to investigate what they are calling the "taint". Tainted land seems to be withering and choking anything that grows, resulting in large scale crop failure and crippling of the city's economy. There seems to be no stopping it. Your old friend/relation/contact (insert backstory here) Councillor Draeleth has requested you to join with some of his other contacts to locate and neutralise the source of the taint. There is a substantial reward for success and adventure beckons!

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2594

Thank you very much for taking the time to read/apply. I hope this game is for you and I look forward to playing with yall.

Maxi

Maxibeard
June 20th, 2017, 08:01
2 more spaces to go. 1st session will be a character creation and setting background introduction. Then we will start depending on time.

tone23
June 20th, 2017, 16:09
applied via Calendar

Mengel
June 20th, 2017, 19:05
Applied on the Calendar. Hope to see you folks soon! ;)