PDA

View Full Version : An (perhaps interesting) idea for extension.

GainunX
June 19th, 2017, 06:06
An extension could make the NPCs sheet visible to the players, but only the "other" tab in the sheet (without showing the main tab, ie without displaying the NPC's stats)?

This would be interesting because in complex campaigns - involving interaction with various NPCs, players could have access to the list of known NPCs as well as knowable information about these NPCs without the DM having to share the NPCs stats.

The same could be done, I think, with the quests sheet. Players could have access to information on available quests, but without seeing the CR and XP of the quest.

Just an idea that I think is interesting to implement (if possible). I'm dont know how work in extensions.

NOTE: I've observed that it's not possible to share NPCs sheets with all players, so that you can share images and maps. But it is possible to share NPCs sheets with a player by dragging it on the player avatar.

P.S: Sorry for the bad english, this is not my native language.

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2017, 06:20
You should be able to share individual NPC records. But, as you noted, it will share the stats as well as the Other tab. What I do is to create story entries for the various NPCs with the information that I want the players to know, and then share those story entries. It would be nice to only have single place to have the info (i.e. the Other tab info), as you suggest. But at least for now, the story entry is the way we have to deal with it.

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2017, 13:46
If you want to share an image with all of the players open the image right click on it and select share. This will share it with all of the players. If you want to only share the image to certain players drag and drop it into their portrait.

Generally you won't want to be sharing an NPC with the players unless you want them to control the NPC. If you only want them to see the second page then as LordEntrails suggests copy the notes from the NPC sheet and paste them into a story entry which you can then share.

If you want to hide the XP and CR of a quest from the players prepare a second quest with just the text and leave the XP and CR blank.

Nickademus
June 19th, 2017, 16:09
There is something much better for handling this coming, soon™...