PDA

View Full Version : LF2P: D&D5e Monday 8pm EST

Naphe
June 19th, 2017, 05:34
FG License: GM has Ultimate License (and all relevant content minus Volo's but including all UA)

Game System: D&D 5e
Day of week and time: Monday 8PM EST/12AM UTC (4 hour sessions typically, give or take a bit depending on when it makes sense to end the session)
Game start: June 26th or July 3rd for Session 0 (depending on how long it takes to recruit)
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Level 3-5 to start, and then continuing into a Long Term Campaign if everyone wishes to continue/ is happy.
World: Custom World (Asgoroth), Lower-Fantasy Setting (outside of magic, standard physics apply, i.e. your fighter will not be doing a shove attack flat-footed to knock that dragon prone...)
Voice Program: Skype

Playstyle mix: 60RP / 40Combat (or less combat depending on what's happening)
Players needed: Currently have 2, Taking applications for 2 more. (Party of 4)

Starting Level: 3rd level. (If multiclassing, it must fit the narrative to add a class level, i.e. you have been using your free time between adventures to study at the Temple of Helm in Hythel for the last year and you are going to be inducted into the Clerical Order, otherwise, you should be starting at 3rd level with your multiclass already)
Character Restrictions: None. You can use UA material with approval (I may tweak some things if you have a concept that doesn't quite fit a standard one so that it works the way you imagine it, but isn't overpowered compared to the group), and if you play a non-standard race, expect to be outcast and have problems, especially if you end up alone in a social setting. (Standard classes being Human, Elf, Half-elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Halfling, and to a lesser extent Aasimar and Half-Orc)

Player restrictions: Looking for experienced players that are comfortable with Fantasy Grounds and how to set it up and use it. Should have a good grasp of your class/abilities and looking for a Heavier, more Narrative driven style campaign. Prefer players over 25. I expect when it is your turn, you are ready to act, while there may be occasion to slow down play, it should not be because you don't know how to set up or use an ability properly in the FG format, or because you don't know how your character abilities work. There are circumstances where something rapidly changes in combat before your turn where it would be acceptable to take more time, but a 4-5 round combat should take no more than 5-10 minutes in most cases.

Scenario: Asgoroth is the campaign setting. This is a custom world I use in most of my campaigns that I have been fleshing out for several years. Expect it to be like Forgotten Realms, but the overall abundance of magic in this world is much lower. A lot of the general lore from Forgotten Realms (Gods, Planes, etc.) but the History and Geography will be different. I will be planning out an original campaign after Session 0. I do this because I want all the players to decide what type of Characters they are playing as a group and then build a campaign based off of that. As such, Characters should NOT come prepared to Session 0 with a backstory. If there is a particular type of class you would like to play for the Campaign, that is fine, but any type of Backstory direction will be given at session 0, and we will work through it together forming a timeline where the party already has formed bonds of family, friendship, and dedication to each other before Session 1 begins. (After session 0, you can start to fill in the previous period of time, or let it come out naturally in play, we will also talk about this during session 0).

I expect my players to be on the Heroic side. This does not mean they must be without flaw, but any character who may betray the party or player who likes to create conflict within the group need not apply. I expect my players to want to be part of the group and have specific archetypes in which the interactions will focus on them exclusively. These can be anything, but typical ones to give an example would be Face, Thief, Loremaster etc. The idea being that your backstory and character's essence should be unique among your party, so if you are the Face, you should expect to be the one making introductions and being the de facto leader of the party in social settings when doing something as a group (like meeting a Lord). You should also expect to not be the center of attention when another player has the opportunity for their character to shine. (The Barbarian pushing the Bard out of the way to speak to the Lord first is in no way acceptable... unless we are 2 years into the campaign and it makes sense, it does not make sense in session 5...)

Otherwise, this game will create itself somewhat 'organically'. That is to say between session 0 and session 1 I will be writing a Storyline based on what was discussed in session 0 to take the Characters from Level 3 to Level 5. Once that arc is complete we will decide as a group whether to continue (everyone is having fun with the group and likes my DM style and direction of the game). If more than one person decides to finish then the campaign will end. (if it is 1 person then we will find another and retcon as appropriate)

If you are interested in joining this campaign (and thank you for reading that wall of text) please apply as follows:

SEND ME A PM.
If you have questions about the campaign before applying, post below. If you post looking to join or an application below, I will ignore you.

Please include the following information:

How long you have been roleplaying?
How many long term campaigns have you been in (30+ sessions)?
How many campaigns have you been in that used FG?

What do you think your strengths as a player are?
What type of role would you like to play in the party?
Describe a character you have played in the past and what he was like and what made him fun for other players in the party?

Tell me a little bit about yourself.
Tell me how you got into D&D/other TTRPG's.
Tell me what you would like out of the campaign.

This will be an interview process. We will correspond back and forth so I can get a feel for you before you are accepted. I may ask for you to play through a short One-Shot using the archetype you indicated.

I know this is a long process, and am asking for a lot. One of the players is my brother and we have been trying to get a game going together for a long time, unfortunately many friends and the last 2 attempts at online play (Using people we already knew) did not end up well. Again thank you for considering playing in this game and I look forward to hearing from you.

Outcast 2-4
June 22nd, 2017, 09:44
I fulfill all of your player requirements save for I've only played CoC 7E and Savage Worlds on FG for 15 sessions or so all told. Does that disqualify me?

Naphe
June 23rd, 2017, 02:00
Sorry Outcast, and anyone Else inquiring. The game is currently filled. If a player doesn't work out for some reason, I will report this thread and update asking for a new player to join. Thank you for taking the time and applying everyone.