PDA

View Full Version : Updater Problem

pudgester95
June 19th, 2017, 04:57
Hello,

I have been getting updating problems on my Fantasy Grounds Free demo version for a couple weeks now and my DM and I have been trying to see why it's not letting me get into the system at all. When I try to get on it will ask me to Update the software but after doing so it will not do anything at all, If anyone please tell me why this is happening it will be great, my DM holds his sessions mostly Sunday and Tuesday nights, so it would be greatly appreciated if I can get this issue fix before then.

Here is what it's been showing me every time I try the software.194511945119452

Thanks,

Pudgester95

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2017, 06:12
Hey pudgester95, sorry you are having problem, but welcome to the community. Someone here will get you taken care of shortly.

One of the mods will have to approve the pictures, so I can only guess. My first guess is that you actually have two installs of FG and the updater is not updating the correct one. But, if you haven't already, check these two threads to see if they can help you:
- https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-3-0-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc
- https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Someone will jump in shortly with more specifics once your images have been approved.

Nylanfs
June 19th, 2017, 12:51
1) You shouldn't have a IP address in the upgrade line.
2) That license Key doesn't look quite right, double check it
2b) You shouldn't share your actual key, could a mod delete or alter that last image?
3) Have you linked your steam and FG account?

Trenloe
June 19th, 2017, 16:13
I have been getting updating problems on my Fantasy Grounds Free demo version for a couple weeks now and my DM and I have been trying to see why it's not letting me get into the system at all.
Welcome to the forums pudgester95.

When you say "not letting me get into the system at all" what do you actually mean by that? Have you actually tried joining the GMs game?

When I try to get on it will ask me to Update the software but after doing so it will not do anything at all
Is this the "Update Available" button showing red? If it is just this, then ignore it and only update when your GM tells you to. If your main FG launch screen shows "v3.3.1 FREE" in the top right corner then you're OK. Just go ahead and join your GMs game.

DMMel
June 21st, 2017, 03:27
We have been trying to get her application to start but she cant get past the updater. Everytime she tries to boot up the application she gets sent to the updater even after its finished the update.

Erin Righ
June 21st, 2017, 05:15
Hi Mel welcome to the forums. As Nylanfs was saying The licence key showing in pic 3 is wrong, try deleting all information from the Licence Kef and Lite to Full Key fields

Trenloe
June 21st, 2017, 05:39
Try this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38843-6-20-patch-update-issues&p=343031&viewfull=1#post343031

pudgester95
July 3rd, 2017, 03:34
Unfortunately none of these resolve the issue, I read all and check everything, but nothing has changed. It did something new where after it asked to update it will have me login in, but after that it would not do anything after updating. I tried again a 2nd time but after doing the same thing it closes and said the window could not open and instructed me to press "Ok" to close the window.