PDA

View Full Version : Encounters Question

Devistation
June 18th, 2017, 03:45
So I bought the game and I am working on my first campaign. When I add say Orc's to a battle it has them set at 1/2 with hp and weapons set. How do I change this to say a level 3 orc with better weapons or say a Orc Boss, Cleric etc. I can get to where I edit it and can change some stuff. But I cant seem to just drag and drop a new weapon. On that same token how would I add spells if I wanted it to be a cleric or something?

How is this done?

Willot
June 18th, 2017, 05:02
you have to drag the orc to your own npc's then edit those ones. Im assuming your draging them from the read only book. Also make sure your copy in the npc list are unlocked (little padlock in the corner). Drag only yor copies to the cobat tracker

Devistation
June 18th, 2017, 17:30
When you are looking at the NPC weapons and changing them it wont let you drag and drop the new weapon. Like changing a longsword to a shortsword. I have been doing it manually and changing the text. Is that ho you are all doing it? In the text box it will show "Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d12 + 3) slashing damage" What is the "Hit: 9" part mean? I have seen a Hit: 5 etc.. Im not sure what that stat is telling me.

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2017, 18:52
Firstly I assume you are using 5e?

If so you can't drag a weapon into an NPC; you'll have to change the NPC's stat block to do that. Similarly you can't drag and drop spells or anything else into the NPC. If you want to add spells to an NPC see this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35937-How-to-Automate-effects-on-NPCs) for how to do it.

The figure that you see in the 9 (1d12 +3) string is the average damage that would be done. You have the option (in options) of having the NPC deal either 9 points of damage or randomly roll 1d12+3.

Devistation
June 19th, 2017, 05:46
Thank you! that helps a lot