PDA

View Full Version : Backup

LupaShiva
June 16th, 2017, 21:08
Hello everyone

Im a proud owner of Fantasy Grounds Full license, and also 3 books, Monster Manual, DM and also Player Handbook, all from 5th edition, im running a campaign, and here is my question, im going to update from windows 7 to windows 10:

-There wont be any problem in compatibility with windows 10 right?
-Where do i backup my characters, campaigns, modules, everything? Or its stored in some kind of cloud server?
-And the books i got? i have to back up or its on some server?
-Also any suggestion before formatting related to Fantasy Grounds?

Thank you
LupaShiva

Nylanfs
June 16th, 2017, 21:20
Everything is stored on your computer, Open FG and click on the folder icon in the upper right and copy that to the new computer. All your purchases are tied to your Forum account and Steam Account which you will enter when installing.

LupaShiva
June 16th, 2017, 21:25
Ohhh Thank you didnt know about that =)

LordEntrails
June 16th, 2017, 21:46
All your custom stuff is in that folder that Nylanfs pointed you to (its called the FG Data Folder). The stuff you purchased will be re-downloaded when you re-run setup (and enter your usernames etc and run an Update).

Zacchaeus
June 16th, 2017, 22:43
Upgrading to Windows 10 shouldn't affect anything as long as you just upgrade and don't wipe your hard drive first. Always safer to back up of course but basically everything should still be where it was after the upgrade.