PDA

View Full Version : 2e AD&D game

yeknom
June 16th, 2017, 14:03
FG License: GM has Ultimate License
Game System: AD&D 2e

Time Zone:GMT +8
Day of week and time: Mondays 8pm GMT+8 - 11pm GMT +8.
Planned start date:10th of July, 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice Only at present, reserve the right for video in the future.
Voice software used: My teamspeak serve until I switch to Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70/30 Combat - Traps-Tricks-Parley/Roleplay
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 players
Character starting level & equipment:Level 1, to be generated in session 0
Character restrictions: Player's Handbook races and classes, as well as half orc.

Details of your scenario: I will run the original Temple of Elemental Evil and beyond in the World of Greyhawk (From The Ashes Deities set in the year 576).

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2592

Players will need to be willing to play the game with the others players and not in attempt to be in competition with them. Players will need to have a decent, noise free, means of speaking to other players and will need to be available during the game with no outside distractions. Reliable and on time players only. I will drop any players that I feel are not contributing to the enjoyment of the entire group. Players must be willing to use whatsapp to communicate on scheduling changes or any out of game issues that arise.

Samarex
June 16th, 2017, 14:12
Count me in.....

drunkenminotaur
June 17th, 2017, 05:00
I'd like to play as well.

Mastodon
June 17th, 2017, 20:22
I too would like to play AD&D2e.

yeknom
June 17th, 2017, 22:30
I too would like to play AD&D2e.

PM Sent

BigDaddyLoveshack
June 18th, 2017, 09:05
Do you want me to check with some of the guys in the D&D DM's Only group I mod in FB? I know a couple of old-timers that might have time and availability despite the time-zone shift?

Pinblade
June 19th, 2017, 21:39
I would like to play 2e.

yeknom
June 20th, 2017, 01:46
I would like to play 2e.

PM Sent.

cover me!
June 20th, 2017, 02:30
Morning!

I'm in, cheers!!

yeknom
June 20th, 2017, 10:25
Room for 1-2 more.

frostfiretulsa
June 21st, 2017, 12:16
Count me in on this as well!

I have not purchased FG yet as I just found out about it not long ago, but will purchase whatever is needed after confirmation of the group. :)

I am at GMT+7 (Thailand), so the timing works perfect for me. Have not played in many years, but I do have all the books etc, and really looking forward in to getting back in to it.

yeknom
June 21st, 2017, 13:31
Count me in on this as well!

I have not purchased FG yet as I just found out about it not long ago, but will purchase whatever is needed after confirmation of the group. :)

I am at GMT+7 (Thailand), so the timing works perfect for me. Have not played in many years, but I do have all the books etc, and really looking forward in to getting back in to it.

PM sent.

yeknom
June 22nd, 2017, 01:22
Room for 1. Please do note the time GMT +8 (Hong Kong) 8pm-11pm. Also note that we will use whatsapp to handle any issues regarding the game that may arise out of the game.

yeknom
June 23rd, 2017, 15:21
Game full at the present time.

yeknom
July 3rd, 2017, 15:41
Had a drop out prior to session zero, the group could use one more to give us a solid 7.

yeknom
July 4th, 2017, 12:09
Still looking for a 7th.

yeknom
July 5th, 2017, 07:17
Feel free to sign up as part of the wait list. We have room for 1 more but are content with the 7 we have. As always there may be sometime in the future when folks drop out and as such anyone on the waiting list will be considered on a first come, first serve basis.

yeknom
July 27th, 2017, 04:54
Looking for one more player for this. We lost one due to a scheduling conflict.

yeknom
July 28th, 2017, 04:30
Still looking.

yeknom
August 2nd, 2017, 15:19
Looking for one more player.

yeknom
August 4th, 2017, 04:16
Still looking for one more player.

Foamhead
August 4th, 2017, 16:44
I love 2nd edition. Count me in if you like.

yeknom
August 4th, 2017, 23:57
I love 2nd edition. Count me in if you like.
PM Sent.

yeknom
August 5th, 2017, 14:57
Here's an update on our group.

Our group is looking for 1 friendly and easy-going player who will be part of the group to join our Temple of Elemental Evil group. We believe that the ToEE is best played with 6-8 characters and we are at 7 characters at present. Given that real life often interferes we do not expect every player to be present every session, though the ToEE is more than capable of challenging 8 players. If you have ever played any of the old Gygax adventures you know that you can never have enough characters!
We will be using AD&D 2e rules with none of the player reference handbooks at all and only the weapon descriptions from the combat and tactics book. The game will be set in Greyhawk in 576 C.Y.
The game will take place at 8pm GMT/UMT +8, every Monday. 8pm Hong Kong time, Monday. That’s 6 am US Central time, 8 am US East Coast time, 10pm Australian Central time, 1 am UK time. Each session will last 3 hours, give or take, with the occasional session being a bit longer if all agree beforehand.
The ruleset itself is designed by Celestian and tweaked by several of our players for our gaming group. It is a work in progress but handles everything very smoothly and has many of the bells and whistles you expect to see from all the newer Fantasy Ground products.
We use whatsapp to handle basic scheduling, not discord, as whatsapp is allowed at our workplaces. We use a private teamspeak server for voice chat, though when everyone has sorted out their discord we will use it instead. We handle downtime activity via a private forum. We reserve the right to record the adventure as it progresses in the future.
If you would like to know more feel free to contact me. I am happy to speak with you but we needr only one more serious minded, group oriented, dedicated player.

yeknom
August 6th, 2017, 14:11
Game is full for now.

Foamhead
August 6th, 2017, 20:48
Temple of Elemental Evil is a pretty fun module.

yeknom
August 29th, 2017, 00:42
Room for 1. Ideally they player would take over the vacated character, a third level wizard. Game Calendar link is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2592

yeknom
September 23rd, 2017, 04:45
This game has become a Pathfinder game. The 2e ruleset is wonderful but requires a bit more work than anyone in our group currently has the time to spare. In the future, when we have the time, we will revisit the 2e ruleset and work out all that we need to continue playing 2e. For the time being, however, we will continue to play the ToEE using the Pfinder ruleset.

Ultra stank
October 19th, 2017, 14:21
Im down. Pm me