PDA

View Full Version : DDEX 01-04 Dues for the Dead and DDEX 01-05 The Courting of Fire 06/24/17

marcusrife
June 15th, 2017, 17:28
FG License: Ultimate, all you need is the demo version.
Game System: D&D 5e Adventurers League

Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) (GMT -7)
Day of week and time: Saturday, 06/24/2017 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM GMT
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-5 hour sessions each.
Term: AL module - One time

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Discord Server (Game Channel 5)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
Number of Players in game & needed: min 3 max 7
Character starting level & equipment: AL characters levels 1-4 , Adventurers League characters
Character restrictions: AL characters (You can use the players handbook plus one more book to build your character at level 1, standard array or point buy, standard class and background starting equipment, NO ROLLING FOR GP FOR EQUIPMENT)
Follow the AL Player's Guide: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/AL_PH_SKT.pdf

In that last minute push to make sure everyone who wants to move forward with this season is able to I am re-running some previous modules since the home game I run on Saturday is on hiatus for this weekend. Remember characters are only able to run through a module once.

Details of your scenario (Dues for the Dead): For years, the Most Solemn Order of the Silent Shroud has tended the dead at Valinghen graveyard, providing them a peaceful eternal rest. Now, that rest has been disturbed by a necromancer seeking out a key to re-activate the Pool of Radiance. 3 to 4 hours.

Sign up at FG game calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2532

Details of your scenario (The Courting of Fire): An exiled cultist and his kobold minions are spotted searching long-forgotten ruins in the Dragonspire Montains. Rumors say he looks for a precious gift to give to a fearsome dragon that dwells there. What he hopes to attain with his gift is unknown, but can't be good for the citizens of Phlan. 3 to 5 hours

You can also find me on the FG discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/VKbhkSt
Username: MrRife
GM DCI: 7511657107

If you sign-up please post your xml character file in this thread if you have one.

Also if you sign up and are not on the active list since we are full, and you want a chance to play it is best if you show up in the voice chat channel at the start time and be ready to go with your character. If we have no shows you can jump in. Priority will be given to those who sign up first. If you are accepted into the game and not in game at the start time you will lose your spot to someone who is there and ready. Please be on time.

IrishBouzouki
June 15th, 2017, 18:32
Signed up for Dues for the Dead.
Courting of Fire starting at 5 Eastern would run into my biweekly Saturday game at 8 Eastern so can't make that one.
Looking forward to it! Thanks for running the games!

Teufelhunde87
June 15th, 2017, 23:55
Great deal Casey! I'm away that weekend or I would match you. I will be doing Tier 1's every other week during the tier 2 run. I really want to run Dues. Maybe I can talk the wife in to a road game!

DragonsDen13
June 16th, 2017, 00:21
LOL. Good luck with that request......"but Honey....." :)

Teufelhunde87
June 16th, 2017, 00:24
LOL. Good luck with that request......"but Honey....." :)

I have been allowed to take my laptop for my weekly games!

Khai
June 19th, 2017, 17:49
If possible and place still available I will like to join Dues for the Dead session

marcusrife
June 19th, 2017, 18:16
If possible and place still available I will like to join Dues for the Dead session

Can you post your character file please?

Khai
June 20th, 2017, 12:55
Can you post your character file please?

Here it is.

marcusrife
June 20th, 2017, 16:38
The file you sent me has no AL log. Did you just create this character from scratch or has he been leveled through playing in AL games?

Khai
June 20th, 2017, 16:43
it was newly created from scratch, I do have my own DCI number, but I am very new to FG

marcusrife
June 20th, 2017, 17:01
In AL you have to start a character from level 1. You can still play in the game Glen just has to start at level 1. Make sure to read this:

AL Player's Guide: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/d.../AL_PH_SKT.pdf

Khai
June 20th, 2017, 17:08
Change back Lv1, I also sign up for the DDEX 01-05 The Courting of Fire and the link don't not work

marcusrife
June 20th, 2017, 17:12
Change back Lv1, I also sign up for the DDEX 01-05 The Courting of Fire and the link don't not work

It worked now. You are signed up and accepted into the game.

Elliannith
June 20th, 2017, 19:50
Pulled Bellaphin to make room for other LVL3s

matzkejd
June 22nd, 2017, 02:23
Here is my exported character from FG. I can upload my AL logs in pdf format (they are currently in pen and paper format) if needed otherwise I have the module names listed in the log portion of the character sheets.

Thanks!

Camasi
June 22nd, 2017, 03:30
Hello and thank you for your consideration. I am brand new to Adventurers League and 5th Edition. However, I have experience with GMing in Star Wars and playing Pathfinder, and can't wait for the opportunity to try 5th edition! Attached should be the XML file for my Gnome Wizard

marcusrife
June 22nd, 2017, 17:32
Here is my exported character from FG. I can upload my AL logs in pdf format (they are currently in pen and paper format) if needed otherwise I have the module names listed in the log portion of the character sheets.

Thanks!

Your log is mostly blank. It only has the titles of adventures. This is not a sufficient log to start in my game as a new character at level 4.

matzkejd
June 22nd, 2017, 17:37
Your log is mostly blank. It only has the titles of adventures. This is not a sufficient log to start in my game as a new character at level 4.

So you would like me to upload my log sheets in a PDF format as I offered in my original post. I will do that as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks.

marcusrife
June 22nd, 2017, 17:42
You don't have to do that. Just fill it out in your log on your FG character sheet.

matzkejd
June 23rd, 2017, 04:54
Here, FG ticks me off with the formatting and the way you can only have things on one line before it decides to re-arrange information. I am attaching a pdf that has all the information of my pen and paper log sheets. I am also updating the character export.

Thanks.

Teufelhunde87
June 23rd, 2017, 12:29
Here, FG ticks me off with the formatting and the way you can only have things on one line before it decides to re-arrange information. I am attaching a pdf that has all the information of my pen and paper log sheets. I am also updating the character export.

Thanks.

LOL! Just update the FG character log whenever you play face to face. Then you won't get behind. I keep an online log and a FG log for all of mine. I do like to FG AL logs. Makes it easy for DM verification!

marcusrife
June 23rd, 2017, 19:32

Thanks.

I don't know what you are referring to. I have filled in your log on your FG character sheet using the info from your pdf log sheet. Also there was a small mistake on there. You were given 3 renown for The Scroll Thief. The max for that module is 2. I made the adjustment.

IrishBouzouki
June 24th, 2017, 12:23
FG puts lists in alphabetical order, default behavior for any list in FG. In a way this is very good, because for a long list of generic entries it makes it possible to find stuff.
And if you want a particular order that is non-alphabetic then it is pretty easy to just prepend a tag like "00: ", "01: ", or "02: " (etc) to the name of each item if you want to control the order in which they are listed.
People have to do that all the time when making story entries for FG modules.

IrishBouzouki
June 24th, 2017, 12:44
Here is Baern's latest fyi

Camasi
June 24th, 2017, 21:30
I posted my Gnome Wizard character earlier in this thread for Dues for the Dead. I signed up for Courting of Fire with a Paladin but decided to stick with the Gnome Wizard I provided earlier.