PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Couple of Weeks

vodokar
June 15th, 2017, 15:46
As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around much the last couple of weeks.

It was supposed to be my first actual vacation since 1995 and going to Cancun, Mexico. The first leg of our trip was to layover in Orlando Florida and visit my mom for a couple of days, and then we had planned to do the same thing on the way back. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way.

When our flight got delayed, we tried to call her around 6 pm and there was no answer. We were worried, but thought maybe she just didn't hear the phone. When we arrived around midnight, we found the lights on and her tv in the front room running, but there was no answer at the door. After about a half hour of trying to knock, we called the sheriff's office to send out a deputy to help. They made entry and found that she had passed that afternoon at the age of 77. Very sad, but not totally unexpected, as we knew she was very sick.

We spent the last week and a half at my mom's place taking care of all of the arrangements. We drove her car back to Kentucky on tuesday and stayed one night at home. We are now preparing to leave any minute for Missouri, which is where I am originally from, for the funeral and laying her next to dad.

It was a couple of weeks that started with the news of the birth of my new grandson and the excitement of a trip, but quickly turned to bad news. Such is the cycle of life. I know she is in a better place and will avoid a tremendous amount of suffering, but that doesn't really make me feel that much better. It isn't just the loss of mother; it is the continual loss of everyone of your family and friends over the years which comes when you start growing older. Those that are going thru that know; and those that haven't, it will happen eventually. It's all part of life, I know; but that doesn't make it easier.

Chuck "Vodokar"

dulux-oz
June 15th, 2017, 15:56
My condolences mate - to you and your family

Nylanfs
June 15th, 2017, 16:05
Sorry for your loss and rough weeks :(

LordEntrails
June 15th, 2017, 16:06
As you know, it is the circle of life. But knowledge does not make it an easier. Condolences and well wishes and hoping that your fond memories can help you through these challenges.

Bidmaron
June 16th, 2017, 01:39
Hang in there, Vodokar. Going through the first stages of that myself now.

benwest00
June 17th, 2017, 00:41
I am sorry for your loss, it is always tough to loose someone close. I would like to wish you and your family well through this.

Wookiee420
June 17th, 2017, 04:50
Sorry for your loss bro! It seems to me that you have a strong support group here, if you need someone to talk to i am sure any of us will lend you an ear.

L. R. Ballard
June 17th, 2017, 05:22
My condolences to you and your family. May your remembrances be of the happiest times that you and your mom shared together.

ddavison
June 17th, 2017, 15:15
I'm sorry for your loss. I've often heard that people pass away when they feel at peace and it may have aided her just knowing that you were coming in to visit.

dmkevin
June 17th, 2017, 22:40
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Spin-Man
June 24th, 2017, 04:04
Hi Chuck, I am sorry to hear about your mother, and I hope the extra time you had to make arrangements made her passing a little less difficult.

Mellock
June 24th, 2017, 22:19
My heartfelt condolences.