PDA

View Full Version : Notes in Warhammer Ruleset

luquonas
June 15th, 2017, 15:05
Hi there,

hopefully I am in the right area.

Quite new to using Fantasy Grounds but it is awesome!

I am using the community created ruleset for Warhammer 1st Edition however the players notes do not have the option to make the notes public - I've been looking at the XML sheets but I can't find out how to add this option in.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - maybe to a Wiki that shows how to do this?

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2017, 17:25
If I remember right, the only way to share notes in older rulesets is to have the GM right click on the note and select the Share sheet menu option.

Regards,
JPG

luquonas
June 16th, 2017, 12:29
Hi there,

thanks for getting back to me. I had a look at the 3.5e ruleset which this WFRP 1st edition ruleset is based on and in there the players have the option to tick "Public" and then all players can see the notes. That option doesn't exist in this ruleset and also the GM has no visibility of the notes as the notes option is not visible on the GM's screen on the right hand side.

So I really wanted to make it the same as the 3.5e ruleset. I'm happy to make the changes myself I just can't find how to do this and was wondering if there was a wiki with how to do this in it somewhere.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2017, 18:32
It doesn't sound like the WFRP ruleset is layered on the CoreRPG ruleset (which has the public note option), but instead is based on an much older version of the 3.5E ruleset.

There is no easy path to pull out this one piece, as it's now just one specific type of record in a set of code that handles lots of record types. There have been a lot of changes to the 3.5E ruleset, since WFRP was created.

You can try mining other older rulesets for window classes such as "notelist" and "note", adding a sidebar icons for Notes, and adding the call to add the button to the desktop. However, it will still require searching through lots of code and working with XML and Lua to implement. If you aren't familiar with XML, it might be too challenging as a side project.

Alternatively, you can use MoreCore or CoreRPG ruleset to run a WFRP game.

Regards,
JPG

Paul Pratt
June 17th, 2017, 02:51
luquonas,

I looked at the Warhammer 1st edition set. It is very old compared to what's out now. The easier task may to take my 2nd edition set and make the adjustments to the stats by adding leadership and coolness. Magic is a bit different too, but I think this may be easier than trying to dig into the desktop and notes.

luquonas
June 19th, 2017, 10:57
Actually that's not a bad idea at all! To be honest we aren't really using the functionality of the system other than storing info on character sheets, notes and the maps and images etc. So if I can adjust the character sheet slightly that should sort it out.

I will have a look - thanks again.

luq

Martin2301
September 16th, 2017, 04:28
Hi !
And, luquonas, if you need a way to transfert careers from 1st to 2nd ed you can check : https://wjrf.bimondiens.com/monde/maps/index.php
It's in french but you can switvh the careers from 1st to 2nd ed!!