PDA

View Full Version : Posting Character Sheets on Websites

ShaneLeahy
January 21st, 2006, 15:58
Is it possible to post the character sheets on a website or forum? I am setting up a website for my FG campaign and would like to have copies of the characters up there also.

I tried just copying the information out of the DB.XML in the campaign folder but I knew that would not work because it does not have the pictures for the sheet itself.

Thanks

richvalle
January 21st, 2006, 16:24
Currently no.

Other companies have talked about adding FG support for their character software (Code Monkeys and... RpgExplore) but neither have yet that I know of.

I know the CM software allows you to export to html. So you could create the character in there, export to FG and then export to html.

We should go pester them and see where they are at with the FG support. :)

rv

joeru
January 23rd, 2006, 21:38
Is it possible to post the character sheets on a website or forum? I am setting up a website for my FG campaign and would like to have copies of the characters up there also.

I tried just copying the information out of the DB.XML in the campaign folder but I knew that would not work because it does not have the pictures for the sheet itself.

Thanks

You could always take a screenshot with Print Screen button, paste it into an image editing program and cut the irrelevant parts off. Not editable, of course, but if it's for reference only it shouldn't matter?

-- joeru