PDA

View Full Version : permanent disadvantage on npc

Octavious
June 14th, 2017, 07:31
is there a way to put a permanent disadvantage on attack for a npc rather than dragging the effect onto it in the combat tracker each time it is put into an encounter ?
Basically I want to build a npc whom is blinded permanently

5e rules

thanx in advance

spite
June 14th, 2017, 08:20
You can make an effect that is either "Blinded" with no expiration, which will do as you say. Or specifically, a "DISATK" with no expiration, which will do the same.

Zacchaeus
June 14th, 2017, 08:47
I think the answer is no. There isn't a form of wording that you can use that will actually put an effect such as blinded onto an NPC automagically. The effect can be created within a trait or action of the NPCs but you can't have it automatically apply.

Nickademus
June 14th, 2017, 09:26
Kinda. Disadvantage is said in the PHB to be the same as a -5 penalty. You could reduce all the NPC's rolls by 5 to indicate the effective disadvantage.

spite
June 14th, 2017, 09:38
I think the answer is no. There isn't a form of wording that you can use that will actually put an effect such as blinded onto an NPC automagically. The effect can be created within a trait or action of the NPCs but you can't have it automatically apply.

Bleh I'm still in sleep mode. I didn't see that he asked for the NPC specifically not an effect. Heh

Octavious
June 17th, 2017, 06:45
thanks for the replies guys.. that's what I thought .. no way to make a npc blinded automatically .. Ill just drop the effect on it during combat tracker time ..