PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 2-6 Players, rotating nights, 1130PM EST USA, 5E Homebrew

Doomskull
June 10th, 2017, 18:33
FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite
Game System: 5E D&D

Time Zone: Eastern USA
Day of week and time: Days will be on Fri night but not every one due to work schedule, 2300 prep for 2330 pm start time.
Planned start date: June 23rd 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2-4 hrs per session (or however long the players want to keep going), at least once a month but, due to my work schedule, planned sessions average about twice a month.
Term: Plan on this to be an ongoing campaign with no end in sight

Text or Voice: Voice (+ text), prefer voice
Voice software used: Discord, Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, a mix of heavy combat with a good bit of puzzle-solving, roleplaying and exploration.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 need 2-6 more, prefer mature players only.
Character starting level: 3rd
Character restrictions: I have a good bit of house rules in a Custom PHB module I made that we can go over later.
Stats: 10 base, none lower than 8 or higher than 20. 10 freebie points to raise stats on a point for point basis, and you can shuffle them where you want them.
Races: No monster races. Any player races from the official books are fine and any custom race choices must be approved by the DM. Remember, if you create them online with me you have access to the homebrew custom races in my Custom PHB.
Classes: Standard, custom subject to DM approval.
Feats: Standard, custom subject to approval. You gain three free feats at character creation plus a racial if available.
Starting Gear: Basic class and/or Background starting gear plus a Basic Guardsman Kit I will provide.
Starting gold will be set at 500 gp.
Magic Items: Whatever you can purchase for 500 gp is fine.
Backgrounds: I would like every player to come up with a detailed background for their character. The more details provided, the more I have to work with as a DM. I might even have an online questioneer for you to fill out regarding your PC. Try to provide information on your characters past. Where he is from, how did he get where he is at, who are his parents, friends, siblings, aunts and uncles, is he married, divorced, widowed, etc. Again, the more you provide the more I can work your PC's story into the campaign.

Details of your scenario: We will be starting as level 3 night guardsman for the city of Scornubel. Scornubel, also known as the Caravan City, is a major tradestop for caravans. This is a homebrew campaign in the Sword Coast setting. Two of my players I have been playing with live at my home for going on 4 or so years now. We would like to branch out to an online only game and open it to online players.
Playing online seems to go much smoother than live as nobody is manually rolling dice and checking character sheets.

We prefer a friendly, open atmosphere to powergaming, and do enjoy a decent amount of roleplaying. We are happy to teach a newcomer to either Fantasy Grounds or D&D 5E.

PM me for more information.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2583

claudian
June 10th, 2017, 20:48
Feats: Standard, custom subject to approval. You gain three free feats at character creation plus a racial if available.

Woah that sounds crazy

Doomskull
June 10th, 2017, 21:31
Ya, but it really isn't so bad. We do it in our live session and it helps to customize a bit better without waiting forever to level!

Isthill
June 11th, 2017, 17:24
Sounds like an interesting way to start off a character. I'd be interested in playing if you have room.

Bresnod
June 11th, 2017, 21:44
Would love to join the group. Myself and my roommate would like to join. Do you have room for 2?

Doomskull
June 12th, 2017, 06:42
Sorry if it take me some time to respond. Real life and work get in the way a bit!

I'm going through some applications now and I'll see how many we need after I respond to everyone.
Nice to have so many wanting to game! That's why I love our community!

drew130
June 12th, 2017, 18:41
Hey Doomskull, I like to join
I've send you a PM
Thx drew130

Doomskull
June 13th, 2017, 05:33
Well folks I think we're full up! Thanks for the interest!