PDA

View Full Version : DDO made me do it...

AngryPhoenix
January 21st, 2006, 02:39
Hello everyone, I've played DnD for many years, many years ago, when it was 2nd edition. The main reason our group stopped is do to people moving away. Now that DDO is almost out. Those same friends and I played the demo and it has really got us into the mood to dust off the books and go at it again.

But since we all live so far from each other we didn't think it possible till I found this place. This program looks like just what we need. But a few questions first...

1- I would like to play and learn the new 3.5 rules. Is there a ruleset for DnD 3.5 for FG or is it this the d20 thing. (Things sure have changed since 2nd edition)
2- How about Ebberon?

Even if my friends don't go for this thing I'm sure as hell sold on it. Anyone need a player Saturdays or Sunday? That plays DnD in either Ebboron or Forgotten Realms?

locustuses
January 21st, 2006, 02:49
The 'D20' is the basic rule system that was created when Wizards of the Coast created 3rd edition dnd. Their philosophy was to create a system more easily adapted to house rules and open sourced expansion (which I think they've done a great job at). Ebberon, Forgotten Realms, etc, are all governed by the D20 rules, and they rock. FG is just awesome and I definitely encourage you to learn it as well as the new DnD! I have played it since it came out, and had many great memories to attribute to late night dungeon crawls or intrigue.

:) Have fun and welcome to the world of FG!

Locus

AngryPhoenix
January 21st, 2006, 03:19
So are the 3.5 rules, which I read in the new Player's handbook exactly the rules found in FG?

Ablefish
January 21st, 2006, 09:49
Yep - but keep in mind that the d20 book in the FG interface just holds a few pieces of the Player's handbook for reference (list of feats, class details, etc...), but there's nothing in the FG software itself that 'enforces' those rules. So you can play any type of RPG that can take advantage of the shared chat, maps, and dice rolling really.

richvalle
January 21st, 2006, 16:19
https://www.d20srd.org/

is an excelent place to see the srd.

rv

Cantstanzya
January 21st, 2006, 17:18
If you're interested you might want to try the ruleset I have. It was originally the 1st edition FG ruleset by Elric but I have automated it and added some things from 2nd edition. So you might say it is D&D 1.5 edition.

AngryPhoenix
January 21st, 2006, 18:05
https://www.d20srd.org/

is an excelent place to see the srd.

rv

Holy crap...that's perfect. Thanks!:D

Wavestone
January 22nd, 2006, 14:04
Keep in mind that most of the PHB/DMG/MM is in the SRD, but not all. Certain stuff with names/concepts which are considered intellectual property was left out of the SRD. Named spells and items like Bigby, Mordenkainen spells, quivers of Ehlonna, etc have new, generic names. Also, some monsters aren't in the srd - mindflayers, beholders, githyanki, and some more.

But that is a small part of the whole - you can learn a lot from the d20 srd alone.. :)

Laseas
February 2nd, 2006, 23:52
If you're interested you might want to try the ruleset I have. It was originally the 1st edition FG ruleset by Elric but I have automated it and added some things from 2nd edition. So you might say it is D&D 1.5 edition.

Cantstanzya, I'm very interested. Where can I download your D&D ruleset.

Thanks