PDA

View Full Version : Effect removal question

Doomskull
June 10th, 2017, 17:06
Is there an effect that would automatically remove an effect from the CT? Specifically I'm looking at Elixir of Health that removes conditions.
I thought maybe there could be an effect applied to it that would check if the condition exists, then remove it.

Zacchaeus
June 10th, 2017, 17:33
No, there isn't such an effect. You have to remove such effects manually.

LordEntrails
June 10th, 2017, 17:37
What happened to the Effect Removal extension, which allows your players to create effects that remove effects? I can't find it listed anymore.

EDIT: Found it; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23566-5E-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension&highlight=effect+removal+extension

Doomskull
June 10th, 2017, 17:42
I still have that extension and it works, I was just hoping there was a way I could automate the potion effect similar to healing potions.
I figured it was just wishful thinking on my part.

As the DM, even with this wonderful program, I have a butt-ton of crap to remember and do while playing. My goal is to make it as easy and as simple as possible on myself!

LordEntrails
June 10th, 2017, 17:46
Change the duration of the effect to "once" then it will remove itself as it expires.

Zacchaeus
June 10th, 2017, 18:47
Change the duration of the effect to "once" then it will remove itself as it expires.

Yes, but he wants the potion or spell or whatever to automatically remove a condition. Such as the Paladin's Lay on Hands can remove a disease. He wants the Paladin to use Lay on Hands on a PC with the disease condition and have that condition automatically removed.

You could use the player effect removal extension as LordEntrails says and put the onus on the players to do some work. :)

Nickademus
June 10th, 2017, 22:47
You could use the player effect removal extension as LordEntrails says and put the onus on the players to do some work. :)

This. (Lazy good-fer-nothins...)