PDA

View Full Version : Critical Role's Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Guide

tiawaz
June 8th, 2017, 18:04
Since theres other Green Ronin products on the FG store, are there any plans to make the Critical Role's Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Guide available as a FG module?

mhorgunn
June 14th, 2017, 00:16
I would be interested in that!

Praetorian
July 21st, 2017, 21:23
As would I! Hopefully, someone can mention this to Green Ronin...

Jonin
July 21st, 2017, 21:53
According to twitter they are looking into that..

https://twitter.com/FantasyGrounds2/status/888392310391812096

PTBBC.ORG
July 30th, 2017, 01:16
Just found this after asking several people if we could make this happen, so glad it is already being HOPEFULLY worked on!!

sarm11111
August 2nd, 2017, 04:55
I'd buy that

Caethial
August 6th, 2017, 22:21
I would also be very interested in this, purchased the pdf, and would love to run my next campaign in this setting!

bukkyo
August 11th, 2017, 10:08
You all at SW need to make this happen. Just sayin....

PTBBC.ORG
September 8th, 2017, 16:38
Any updates on this? I am starting some charity streams in Tal'Dorei soon and am just curious.

Keep up the great work everyone! Really enjoy seeing a lot of new stuff in the store!

Talyn
September 8th, 2017, 19:37
The holdup is that in particular case, while SmiteWorks has a licensing agreement with Green Ronin already, for Tal'Dorei they also need one with Geek & Sundry. I've got it nearly done other than needing the original art to make better tokens, etc. But if G&S don't sign up then it's all for naught other than I'll have a professional personal copy...

PTBBC.ORG
September 9th, 2017, 05:12
Awesome Talyn! Thank you for the information. I really hope they agree...

tantauralus
February 5th, 2018, 10:09
Any news on this?

Now that DNDBeyond is the official digital tool for the new campaign I am afraid there will be no FG-modul for the campaign setting.

I am nearly done with my own conversion but would still be willing to pay the money for an official one (supporting SW, and also best possible compatibility with the official 5e modules)

Talyn
February 5th, 2018, 11:53
It was finished months ago, but last I was told, Geek & Sundry and Green Ronin are having "issues" which is preventing the FG release. At this point, I'm just guessing it's not going to happen. :(

Ctmega
February 5th, 2018, 18:31
I too would be interested. Been running something using the pdf/physical book but it would be nice if I could avoid having to enter all this myself.

Talyn
February 5th, 2018, 19:13
Would have been nice, I put 250-ish hours into it to end up with an extremely polished DLC that no one will ever see. :(

Ctmega
February 5th, 2018, 19:18
Unfortunate for sure if it comes to pass... perhaps the powers that be will see the thread movement and rekindle the discussion. I would have been a day 1 purchaser.

Thanks!

LordEntrails
February 6th, 2018, 00:19
Well, I can say if it doesn't come to FG I will never buy it. I was interested in it too.

For lots of reasons, I don't buy printed books anymore, and I'm certainly not going to go start working with another platform just for a single piece of content.

It's kind of like the new Star Trek TV show, I'm not going to subscribe to some service just to watch one show.

vegaserik
February 11th, 2018, 03:26
I ended up just entering most of it myself from the pdf.

Ctmega
February 11th, 2018, 04:39
FYI... I did send an email to Geek and Sundry about this but have not received a reply. It's a shame, I think it would sell pretty well on FG. I have a hard time seeing the downside for a publisher if they already offer it in PDF.

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2018, 05:11
FYI... I did send an email to Geek and Sundry about this but have not received a reply. It's a shame, I think it would sell pretty well on FG. I have a hard time seeing the downside for a publisher if they already offer it in PDF.
Well, I'm sure Talyn would not have put 250 hours into converting it for an official product if their hadn't been an agreement to publish it on FG. I have to believe FG was therefore on G&S's radar, but something must have changed and for some business reason they have decided not to allow it or could not reach a licensing agreement.

Talyn
February 11th, 2018, 12:04
All I was told is that the two publishers (and therein lies a big problem -- two of them to license, not just one) were having issues. I don't know if they're squabbling between themselves or if it was about the Critical Role IP as a whole.

WishX
March 7th, 2018, 17:53
Any news one month later? Like... any little glimmer of hope here at all? Maybe? Hopefully? :hurt:

Qaos
April 29th, 2020, 19:37
Any news one month later? Like... any little glimmer of hope here at all? Maybe? Hopefully? :hurt:

Been 2 years... And now Critical Role is their own company... any thoughts or news on perhaps contacting them directly to gain permission to post/have access to Tal'Dorei stuff?

Talyn
April 29th, 2020, 19:41
The publishers for that book have not changed, however.

But hey, I'd love to see it released. It's been sitting in the store unreleased for 2.5 years now. Email support and ask about it. :)

Cdshepard
May 1st, 2020, 00:44
Especially since the new one is on FG

vegaserik
May 1st, 2020, 21:01
Especially since the new one is on FG

The new one is Wizard's of the Coast, the old one wasn't. It was may have been complicated by Critical Role leaving Geek & Sundry. But at this point who knows lol