PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds - Adventure Deck errors

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 11:21
Everytime I try click on a card I get this error message?

"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (adventurecard_image : refimage.cards.ace@Adventure Deck)"
"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (adventurecard_image : refimage.cards.adrenalinesurge@Adventure Deck)"

The deck is not showing in the toolbox, even though it is loaded?

Any ideas? I have tried restarting FG with and without the .ext and updating but the cards are unusable?

When I try and allocate a card I get.

Script Error: [string "scripts/adventuredeck_lib.lua"]:40: attempt to index global 'Global' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_characterlist.lua"]:4: attempt to index global 'CharacterSelectManager' (a nil value)
Script Notice: [WARN] ChatManager.registerVersionMessage is deprecated function. No need to manually register extension versions anymore
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_adventuredeck.lua"]:43: attempt to index upvalue 'deck' (a nil value)

Martin

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 15:52
Please type /version in the chat window and post the results here.

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 15:59
There ya go

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 16:08
The adventure deck should be version 1.6 for use with the Savage Worlds v4.4 ruleset.

Check that you don't have an unzipped directory in <FG app data>\extensions called "AdventureDeck". If you don't re-run an FG update and check the versions again.

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 16:15
I don't think anything has changed. I have 'Updated' a few times as well. Some of my 5e stuff updated earlier today but nothing in SW. Nothing unzipped in any directory's.

I can open the cards in the library, but can't do anything with them. Just get the error messages when I try.

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 16:19
Go to <FG app data>\extensions delete AdventureDeck.ext and re-run an update.

Make sure you have your FG username (and password) entered on the settings screen before doing the update. If you made any purchases on Steam, make sure you've linked your Steam account - button to do this on the settings screen.

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 16:23
I removed it from <FG app data>\extensions and nothing updated. Adventure deck wasn't added. FG username etc has never changed. I do not have any purchases etc from steam.

I must have purchased it a long time ago if that helps. It's no biggie as it wont stop me playing. I don't think I actually used them when they did work!

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 16:36
Re-enter your "FG Store Login" in the Settings screen. Click the "Update" button and enter your password, click the "Login" button. On the Settings screen click the "OK" button. Then on the Updater screen click the "Update" button. Even if nothing's changed and you've done this before, please try it again.

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 16:40
;( Sorry Trenloe.. Tried and nothing updated .. Still getting the error messages.

Please don't consider this urgent. Its a low priority for me but would like it working at some point. I purchased it when I purchased the original SW Guides and 50 Fathoms about 2 years ago...

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 16:50
Other than a file or existing directory stopping the update on your computer, check your purchase history (Store -> Order History) and see if the purchase is attached to your user ID.

When you removed the AdventureDeck.ext, and restarted FG, could you still see the Adventure Deck available to select in the Campaign start window?

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 16:57
So that's weird. The order history doesn't show the order at all - OR the 50 Fathoms. But..

No. When I removed the .ext file it does not show as available to load.

50 Fathoms is also not being checked by the updater...But does not give me an error..

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 17:04
So that's weird. The order history doesn't show the order at all - OR the 50 Fathoms. But..
That will be an old install of 50 Fathoms - probably incompatible now. I'm guessing the original purchases weren't tagged to your account, but you got an installation package to do the install before the product was moved to the auto install/update process.

Email [email protected] with details of these missing orders and I'm sure they'll add them to your order history.

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 17:16
Thanks Trenloe. Email sent...

Martin153
June 7th, 2017, 19:01
Quick update

Doug from Smiteworks sorted this out for me in under an hour. Can't fault that service! Thanks for your help Trenloe.

Martin