PDA

View Full Version : Joining one's own session using Laptop and same license key

Dax Doomslayer
June 7th, 2017, 01:32
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if there was anyway to join my own session that I started using the same FG License key. As I'm running an NPC with the group, it would eminently be easier to be able to just run that from the laptop vs. having to keep switching sessions on my desktop with all the windows I have open normally when I'm running the adventure? Is this doable. When I tried, I got a "License Key conflict" message which I guess makes sense as I'm using the same license key to connect. Is there a work around for this or am I essentially out of luck? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LordEntrails
June 7th, 2017, 01:36
You would have to remove the license key and run an update from your second computer.

But why not just take ownership of the PC/NPC from the GM client? Then you don't have to switch screens or anything else. All you will want to do is make sure you change who you are acting/speaking as in the chat.

Dax Doomslayer
June 7th, 2017, 01:55
I could do that I guess. Either way though I'm still opening up and closing screens. Also, I like to see what the players are seeing when I do it that way I'm able to do so. I definitely don't want to go the route of removing the license key though so I guess it is either Local Host or GM Ownership. Thanks for your help LordEntrails!!

Beldak
June 7th, 2017, 02:05
localhost Connection should fix that. Edit: oops misread - only if it's the same computer with localhost work

Dax Doomslayer
June 7th, 2017, 02:18
No worries Beldak but yes that was the issue I was bumping up against...

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 05:21
Or buy a different license key for the laptop.

Dax Doomslayer
June 7th, 2017, 11:49
Thanks Trenloe. At this point with the Ultimate license and pretty much all the WoTC books, I think I'll live with the screen shuffling - lol.

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 15:20
Thanks Trenloe. At this point with the Ultimate license and pretty much all the WoTC books, I think I'll live with the screen shuffling - lol.
If you have an ultimate license, then remove the license key from the laptop, run an update so it switches into the demo client (it won't remove any campaign/player data) and then you'll be able to join the ultimate license fine (as long as the laptop has an internet connection to verify the ultimate session its connecting to).

Then you can put the license key back and run an update when you want to do GM stuff on the laptop.