PDA

View Full Version : SavageWorlds v4.5 in public testing available

Ikael
June 6th, 2017, 20:34
New public test version of the SavageWorlds ruleset and related products are available. To access this version you'll need to switch Fantasy Grounds to use Test Mode in the Settings view. Use this thread to post any findings, bugs and challenges regarding the public test version.

The update provides following changes so far:

SavageWorlds ruleset v4.5

[Feature] Manual roll support added
[Feature] Dramatic Tasks tracker feature added to CT
[Feature] Attack results in CT entries
[Feature] New option: Auto-apply Ganging Up modifiers
[Feature] When "Auto-apply Range modifiers" option is enabled, ranged attacks against adjacent foe use Parry instead of 4
[Feature] Improvements to vehicle support in combat tracker
[Feature] Combatants can be targeted without need to assign their tokens on map
[Feature] New option added: "Dice: Desktop dice can Ace". Enable to allow desktop dices to Ace automatically
[Feature] Reach field added to weapon sheet
[Feature] Encounters can populate chase tracker
[Feature] Improvements to Skills, Edges, Powers and Archetypes masterindex
[Feature] Options made consistent with CoreRPG
[Feature] Double-click to use Benny
[Feature] Host can exchange Bennies between PCs, CT entries and GM Bennies
[Feature] Host can browse remaining cards from decks. Access by right clicking on Card deck tool
[Feature] New option to define how many Joker cards are in the deck (options: 0, 1, 2, 4)
[Improvement] Action card dealing and notifications updated
[Improvement] Combat tracker layout updates
[Improvement] Minitracker layout updated
[Improvement] Combat tracker menu updated
[Improvement] Bennies, cards and numbers can be dropped anywhere on combat tracker to apply them
[Improvement] Expand/Collapse buttons added to categorisedlist window
[Improvement] NPC lock change will affect its subwindows (weapons, powers, abilities etc.)
[Feature] Number of attacks can be set with right click menu
[Module] Fixes to SW Deluxe GM Guide module
[Module] Fixes to SW Deluxe Player Guide module
Modifierstack did not affect pending damage entries. Fixed
[Bug] Skill was not detected if it had hyphen in its name
[Bug] Force against Parry feature did not work
[Bug] PC Portrait Wounds indicator did not work
[Bug] Adding weapons to module NPCs did not work
[Bug] Weapon and Power record was locked when dropped to charsheet
[Bug] Charsheet clear token menu option caused script error
[Bug] Setup GM Bennies option did not reset bennies
[Bug] Dropping dice on CT entry should only roll against the given target. Fixed
[Bug] Chase tracker's cards could be duplicated with drag-and-drop. Fixed
[Dev] Improved Card hand support
[Dev] Maximum trait die acing count can be defined

[B]
Deadlands: Reloaded v2.5

[Feature] Card table: Improved card handling
[Feature] Double-click to use Fate chip
[Feature] Added new right click Fate chip menu option to remove Shaken
[Module] Attack type and range added to NPCs
[Bug] Marshal Fate Chips showed unusable menu options
[Bug] Toggle defense button was not accessable in combat tracker entry. Fixed
[Dev] Static texts updated to string resources
[Dev] Unused graphics removed

Ikael's community extension updates
Some of my community extensions needed v4.5 compatibility update. You can download them from this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38657-SavageWorlds-v4-5-in-public-testing-available&p=352425&viewfull=1#post352425).

Ikael
June 14th, 2017, 19:37
Several new features added in, check the first post.

Highlights:

With new option desktop dices can Ace!

Chase Encounters!

Wookiee420
June 15th, 2017, 02:54
hey, as GM i get this error when i roll, it doesnt even calculate nor show my results

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/manager_identity.lua"]:140: attempt to index local 'node' (a userdata value)

Wookiee420
June 15th, 2017, 03:45
i get the same error when i use shortcut keys and type an OOC chat comment

EDIT: Its all chats i do that same error pops up, however the chat sends, the dice dont roll. I can roll from character sheets and the CT.

Wookiee420
June 15th, 2017, 04:14
it might be the roll statistics

EDIT:: Yes it was roll stats, reloaded game without the extension, and everything worked perfectly

flynnkd
July 5th, 2017, 00:20
The reticule/target effects option that allows you to set the target number to the targets Parry value, does not seem to work. It just uses 4 as the ranged target number regardless. This is using Rippers module with SW4.4. SWD p75

flynnkd
July 11th, 2017, 08:47
Running Effects causes mass of script errors.
Formatting is all off.

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2017, 19:33
Moved flynnkd's post from House of Healing to this thread.

@flynnkd, are you running any extensions in your campaign? It looks from the background that you are running one of the Rippers extensions. Any others?

Regards,
JPG

Springroll
July 11th, 2017, 20:36
Will Savage Worlds get the "Reference Manual" treatment of DnD 5e, Chtulhu and Pathfinder? Please say yes ;)

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2017, 20:40
@Springroll,
It is unlikely to be done for existing DLC products already developed, but I believe the framework to build reference manuals is now in the ruleset. So, it's up to the developer for each DLC product.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
July 11th, 2017, 21:07
Lankhmar, Shaintar, The Sixth Gun and I believe Weird War I are Savage Worlds DLC with reference manuals. Hellfrost is being remastered with reference manuals and I believe Atrill said he would eventually get around to remastering Nemezis. Ikael does have personal versions of the Deluxe Player and GM Guide but not sure if or when he will include those into the ruleset. Basically, anything new should use them. Remastering old DLC though? That depends on whether the dev feels up to the task since they're not getting any additional revenue for the extra work.

Springroll
July 11th, 2017, 21:29
@Springroll,
It is unlikely to be done for existing DLC products already developed, but I believe the framework to build reference manuals is now in the ruleset. So, it's up to the developer for each DLC product.

Regards,
JPG

Oh, that's good news, thanks for the swift reply!

Springroll
July 11th, 2017, 21:31
Lankhmar, Shaintar, The Sixth Gun and I believe Weird War I are Savage Worlds DLC with reference manuals. Hellfrost is being remastered with reference manuals and I believe Atrill said he would eventually get around to remastering Nemezis. Ikael does have personal versions of the Deluxe Player and GM Guide but not sure if or when he will include those into the ruleset. Basically, anything new should use them. Remastering old DLC though? That depends on whether the dev feels up to the task since they're not getting any additional revenue for the extra work.

Has Weird War I been released? I've completely missed that! But as far as Reference Manuals goes I'd settle for the Deluxe Player and DM Handbook and wish for it for the rest of the old DLC.
And also, thanks for the reply :)

Wookiee420
July 12th, 2017, 00:40
Also the Weird Wars Rome Supplements all have Reference Manuals (just not the setting). I BELIEVE that the War of the Dead Chapter 1 is getting remade (I COULD BE WRONG) but I am pretty sure that the newer stuff will have it as well.

Springroll
July 12th, 2017, 07:06
Also the Weird Wars Rome Supplements all have Reference Manuals (just not the setting). I BELIEVE that the War of the Dead Chapter 1 is getting remade (I COULD BE WRONG) but I am pretty sure that the newer stuff will have it as well.

Thank you, and thank you for the great job on the modules. Is there a lot of work involved in creating the Reference Manual part of the module? Do you need LUA skills or could the community (read: me) help in any way?

flynnkd
July 12th, 2017, 08:44
Moved flynnkd's post from House of Healing to this thread.

@flynnkd, are you running any extensions in your campaign? It looks from the background that you are running one of the Rippers extensions. Any others?

Regards,
JPG

I have the following selected for this campaign:
Horror Companion
Rippers
SW Charsheets Contacts
SW Global Effects.... !!! Oh..!!! hmm might go check that... Nope, took that ext out and it still errors.
Fantasy Companion
Adventure Deck

Talyn
July 12th, 2017, 12:54
Thank you, and thank you for the great job on the modules. Is there a lot of work involved in creating the Reference Manual part of the module? Do you need LUA skills or could the community (read: me) help in any way?

It's tedious and time-consuming work but it's not difficult. Reference Manual content is pure XML. There is a Lua script that handles all the block layout but we don't touch that unless we're customizing block/frame types. As far as the community doing anything? Enjoy the DLC that's out there and if you're really a fan perhaps ask very nicely here on the forums if the community dev would be up to the task of remastering his old content. Some might, some might not, as I've already experienced myself.

Doswelk
July 12th, 2017, 14:39
Running Effects causes mass of script errors.
Formatting is all off.

In addition (DLR last night), checking the icon to use Parry rather than ranged to hit did not work.

Ikael
July 13th, 2017, 18:47
I have the following selected for this campaign:
Horror Companion
Rippers
SW Charsheets Contacts
SW Global Effects.... !!! Oh..!!! hmm might go check that... Nope, took that ext out and it still errors.
Fantasy Companion
Adventure Deck

I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you launch your FG with the same setup, see that the error occurs and then type /version to chat and post results here?

flynnkd
July 14th, 2017, 00:47
Not sure why that said 4.4, but this one is 4.5

Doswelk
July 14th, 2017, 07:27
I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you launch your FG with the same setup, see that the error occurs and then type /version to chat and post results here?

Mortar
July 16th, 2017, 03:45
It's tedious and time-consuming work but it's not difficult. Reference Manual content is pure XML. There is a Lua script that handles all the block layout but we don't touch that unless we're customizing block/frame types. As far as the community doing anything? Enjoy the DLC that's out there and if you're really a fan perhaps ask very nicely here on the forums if the community dev would be up to the task of remastering his old content. Some might, some might not, as I've already experienced myself.

And because of the time consuming aspect, remastering of older DLC keeps getting pushed further and further down the list of projects in priority. Weird War Rome and TLP will get the treatment as is the Tropicana stuff I have been working on way too long already. Conflicting priorities and some health issues slowing me down.

flynnkd
July 18th, 2017, 07:43
Is it possible to get an option to display both dice rolls. I have a character with Berserk and he wants to fail the roll by selecting the lowest result, not the highest, but currently you have to watch the dice rolls to see it. Or is there an existing way to see them?

Doswelk
July 18th, 2017, 19:25
Is it possible to get an option to display both dice rolls. I have a character with Berserk and he wants to fail the roll by selecting the lowest result, not the highest, but currently you have to watch the dice rolls to see it. Or is there an existing way to see them?
If you go by the rules he cannot pick the lowest: "Wild Cards always roll a Wild Die along with their Trait die when making tests and take the better of the two." (Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition Page 70)
Hence FG does not show the lower dice.

Talyn
July 18th, 2017, 20:04
And because of the time consuming aspect, remastering of older DLC keeps getting pushed further and further down the list of projects in priority. ... Conflicting priorities and some health issues slowing me down.

Your health is more important than your Mad Notepad++ Skillz. :) Take care, we'll see ya when you're feelin' better, mate.

flynnkd
July 18th, 2017, 23:51
If you go by the rules he cannot pick the lowest: "Wild Cards always roll a Wild Die along with their Trait die when making tests and take the better of the two." (Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition Page 70)
Hence FG does not show the lower dice.

Better is a flexible word, may be better for you but not for me. If they wanted to be explicit they should have just said take the higher roll... actually in my set of the rules it does say that.

Still, I'm flexible to my players demands, and it doesn't seem unreasonable. IF the option could be done easily that would be fine, if not then not.

Doswelk
July 19th, 2017, 07:40
Better is a flexible word, may be better for you but not for me. If they wanted to be explicit they should have just said take the higher roll... actually in my set of the rules it does say that.
Still, I'm flexible to my players demands, and it doesn't seem unreasonable. IF the option could be done easily that would be fine, if not then not.
Indeed :)
Given that the Savage Worlds forums have been down for so long I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that Berserk is deliberately hard to achieve as it is a very powerful edge.
The only work around I can think of is to do it manually (use the desktop dice). Originally FG did not hide the lowest roll and it was very cluttered and hard to read (especially with ROF4+ auto-fire weapons!)

Wookiee420
July 20th, 2017, 04:51
Hey i noticed an issue with ENEMIES on the CT, if you try to soak it calls for a bennie, but i cannot figure out how to give Wild Card Enemies Bennies, there is no spot for it?

flynnkd
July 20th, 2017, 04:57
WC Enemies have a small circle marker with a 2 in it generally, 2 bennies, in their header. I imagine you can add bennies to this by dragging it onto them, or maybe a right click option. GM bennies are another option.

Wookiee420
July 20th, 2017, 05:04
i see what happened, i made it a Wild Card after i added it to CT therefore no bubble

flynnkd
July 21st, 2017, 06:07
The Effects formatting problem seems to have been fixed, and the Parry target vs shooters in melee also seems to be working. Thanks :)

flynnkd
July 22nd, 2017, 04:42
The Dodge Edge effect (-1 to being shot at) doesn't seem to be working... assuming it should be?

flynnkd
July 22nd, 2017, 04:48

Lately I have been getting this error, not sure what triggers it? Once it begins it occurs for all actions with FG, you have to use the Task Manager to crash the app out. When I took this screen shot with Greenshot it also triggered new lines as it interacted with FG. Not sure if this is an issue with 4.5 or my database. Dont think it happens in Live game (so far).

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2017, 04:54

Lately I have been getting this error, not sure what triggers it?
That's usually related the the memory use approaching a critical point (3.5GB or so for a 64-bit operating system). Have Windows Task Manager open when you start FG and have a look at the memory use for FantasyGrounds.exe and see what level it's at when it reports this.

flynnkd
July 22nd, 2017, 04:59
In a post I found elsewhere they listed the following values you can use... are they all still active/accurate. RangedDefence didn't seem to work, but Cover did. So some work, some don't. Is there a list of these types of tags anywhere?

First of all, here are all supported effect keywords:

Attribute +/-Xd (suppor,t modifiers and dice type adjustments)

Agility
Smarts
Spirit
Strength
Vigor

For instance:

Strength +2 (bonus to any Strength based trait roll, including strength based damage rolls)
Agility -1 (decreases Agility based trait rolls by one)
Vigor +1d (increases Vigor trait dice by one type)

Skill +/-Xd (support modifiers and dice type adjustments)

Fighting
Shooting
Throwing
Driving

For instance:

Driving +2 (bonus to all Driver trait rolls)
Notice -1 (penalty to all Notice trait rolls)
Fighting +2d (increases Fighting trait dice by two types)

Derived Stat =/+/-X (support modifiers and assignments)

Charisma
Pace
Parry
Toughness
Armor

For instance:

Toughness +2 (increases Toughness by two)
Armor -1 (decreases Armor by one)
Parry =2 (set Parry to be 2)

Damage type +X(support positive modifiers only)

Wounds
Fatigue
Encumbrance

For instance:
Wounds +2 (ignores up to 2-points of Wounds penalty)

Attack type +/-X(support modifiers)

Melee
Ranged
Thrown
Arcane

For instance:

Melee +2 (bonus to all melee based attack rolls)
Ranged -1 (penalty to all ranged type based attack rolls)
Arcane +1 (bonus to all arcane based trait rolls)

General +/-X (support modifiers)

Trait
Attack
Cover
Defense
Damage

For instance:

Trait +2 (bonus to all trait rolls)
Attack -1 (penalty to all attack trait rolls)
Cover +1 (defensive bonus~target number increased against all ranged and thrown based attack rolls.)
Defense -1 (defensive penalty~target number decreased against all attack rolls)
Damage +1 (bonus to all damage rolls)

Special +/-X (Supports modifiers)

Shakenrecovery
Soak
Incapacitation

For instance:

Shakenrecovery +2 (bonus to shaken recovery roll)
Soak -1 (penalty to Soak roll)
Incapacitation -1 (penalty to Incapacitation roll)

Attack type combo +/-X (support modifiers. Attack type related modifiers)

MeleeDefense
MeleeDamage
MeleeArmor
MeleeToughness
RangedDefense
RangedDamage
RangedArmor
RangedToughness
ThrownDefense
ThrownDamage
ThrownArmor
ThrownToughness
ArcaneDefense
ArcaneDamage
ArcaneArmor
ArcaneToughness

For instance:

RangedDefense +2 (defensive bonus~target number increased against all ranged based attack rolls)
ArcaneArmor -1 (penalty to armor against arcane based damage rolls)

flynnkd
July 23rd, 2017, 04:45
That's usually related the the memory use approaching a critical point (3.5GB or so for a 64-bit operating system). Have Windows Task Manager open when you start FG and have a look at the memory use for FantasyGrounds.exe and see what level it's at when it reports this.

You are right, sometimes it loads up over 3300MB and sits there, but other times it drops back to 400+MB. Is there anything specific you can do about this, or just watch it as it loads and relaod till it behaves better?

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2017, 05:41
It has everything to do with how may images, tokens and modules are being shared with the players.

Some things to try on the GM machine:
* Make sure that your campaign images are 2048x2048 or less, if possible. Anything over 4096x4096 will probably cause serious issues.
* Try removing all tokens from the tokens/shared/ folder under the FG data folder, and placing them in tokens/host/ instead.
* Make sure that GM modules and adventure modules are not set to "Allowed" access under Library->Modules.
* Try unsharing all records with the players using /flushdb command in the chat entry box, and resharing only those records that are needed for the game.

Regards,
JPG

Skellan
July 23rd, 2017, 14:29
I just tested RangedDefense and it worked fine for me, as did cover. perhaps check how the effect appears on the combat tracker?

flynnkd
July 24th, 2017, 00:08
Argh... you americans!!!! Defence! Defense is what goes around your property line! :)

However, Cover only partially works, maybe. According to the SW forums it should work against all attack forms, not just ranged, which is what appears to be happening. Its easy to work around but just mentioning it.

Wookiee420
August 1st, 2017, 18:44
@flynnkd....but fence is spelt fence and not fense :p

@Ikeal, is there a way to JUST remove blood splats from the map? after the NPC is killed and the death token appears i can never right click on it and remove the blood, I always need to click on a PC and remove all tokens, then replace the PCs....unless i am doing something wrong

Mortar
August 1st, 2017, 19:33
Blood splatters are undr the options button ate they not?

Wookiee420
August 1st, 2017, 19:36
Blood splatters are undr the options button ate they not?

They are, but I don't want to turn them off, I want to remove them from the map without needing to remove all tokens. Sometimes I reuse maps, or have a blank map with a grid for things that I don't have color maps for and just draw new stuff on.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2017, 19:40
Bloodsplats are graphics widgets that are linked to tiny 1x1 transparent holder tokens. As you can't select a transparent token, you can't delete an individual splatter - you have to delete all the splatters using the ALT-key button enabler mentioned in post #49 below.

Wookiee420
August 1st, 2017, 19:54
Darn.. thank you for the info

Ikael
August 1st, 2017, 20:16

See SW Trait Roll Details extension in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38569-Ikael-s-miscellaneous-extensions) (just uploaded it).

Ikael
August 1st, 2017, 20:37
Hey i noticed an issue with ENEMIES on the CT, if you try to soak it calls for a bennie, but i cannot figure out how to give Wild Card Enemies Bennies, there is no spot for it?

This screenshot will tell more than thousand words...

Ikael
August 1st, 2017, 20:40
The Dodge Edge effect (-1 to being shot at) doesn't seem to be working... assuming it should be?

The Dodge Edge does not auto-apply the modifier. There are only very few edges that auto-applies anything, but I have plans to improve the ruleset's effect framework to make it possible. Meanwhile you can create effect "Dodge [Cover +1]" and apply it to users who has the edge

Ikael
August 1st, 2017, 20:46
Argh... you americans!!!! Defence! Defense is what goes around your property line! :)

However, Cover only partially works, maybe. According to the SW forums it should work against all attack forms, not just ranged, which is what appears to be happening. Its easy to work around but just mentioning it.

It was originally deliberate decision to make the Cover-keyword protect only against ranged attack. You could use Defense-keyword to protect against any type of attack and Parry-keyword to protect against melee attacks. This was before typed keywords (for instance RangeDefense) were introduced. I might reconsider this when the effect framework is doing to be revised

Ikael
August 1st, 2017, 20:53
@flynnkd....but fence is spelt fence and not fense :p

@Ikeal, is there a way to JUST remove blood splats from the map? after the NPC is killed and the death token appears i can never right click on it and remove the blood, I always need to click on a PC and remove all tokens, then replace the PCs....unless i am doing something wrong

Did you try holding ALT down (see attached image)?

Talyn
August 1st, 2017, 20:56
Hey I have an awesome idea... how about we ("we" being all FG UI developers, not Ikael specifically) stop hiding important functions under Alt (or other) keypresses? It's 2017. Important UI stuff should be, oh I dunno... on the UI?

This is one area I sure as hell hope Unity will open up and fix...

Ikael
August 1st, 2017, 21:09
Hey I have an awesome idea... how about we ("we" being all FG UI developers, not Ikael specifically) stop hiding important functions under Alt (or other) keypresses? It's 2017. Important UI stuff should be, oh I dunno... on the UI?

As you might have seen, several "hidden features" have been replaced with better solution. Origin of these comes from the time when I was not able to tweak the UI that much myself, but had to create funky ways to do "alternative actions" without overriding originals. These will be improved in the future

Talyn
August 1st, 2017, 21:14
Oh, I know, and like I said I'm not picking on you. It's an old FG thing that's frustrating.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2017, 21:56
I don't know how Unity is going to "fix" this. It's a developer decision as to how they design the GUI, and their decision if they add new buttons, use key presses, or whatever. The current version of FG doesn't restrict putting "Important UI stuff... on the UI", it's up the the developers to do that...

You've also got to remember that real-estate is pretty limited in FG - there were plenty of people who complained when more buttons were added to the Image window resulting in a whole new line at the top of the window, taking up valuable screen real-estate. So, there are sometimes reasons why the developers don't have everything visible in the UI.

Ikael
August 5th, 2017, 23:23
Some further updates in test channel (in near future):

[Feature] Combatants can be targeted without need to assign their tokens on map
[Improvement] Minor combat tracker layout and functionality updates
[Module] Fixes to SW Deluxe GM Guide module
[Module] Fixes to SW Deluxe Player Guide module
[Bug] Skill was not detected if it had hyphen in its name
[Bug] Force against Parry feature did not work

Ikael
August 10th, 2017, 21:19
Next Savage Worlds v4.5 update patch includes following

[Feature] Manual roll support added
[Feature] When "Auto-apply Range modifiers" option is enabled, ranged attacks against adjacent foe use Parry instead of 4
[Feature] Improvements to vehicle support in combat tracker
[Feature] Host can exchange Bennies between PCs, CT entries and GM Bennies
[Improvement] Combat tracker layout updates
[Improvement] Bennies, cards and numbers can be dropped anywhere on combat tracker to apply them

Ikael
August 13th, 2017, 08:37
Features mentioned in previous posts are now available in test channel, try them out!

Hector Trelane
August 13th, 2017, 14:56
Ikael, noob question here: I'm trying to fix bugs in a simple extension that changes the desktop graphics (cosmetic only) for Deadlands Reloaded. It used to work several versions ago, but after a major update (I forget which) it began to freeze the desktop. With the most recent version of SW, it no longer freezes, but produces other errors:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/dlr_npc_common.lua"]:4: attempt to index global 'NPCSheetCommon' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/dlr_combat_common.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'unregisterCombatantClass' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/dlr_manager_characterselect.lua"]:5: attempt to index global 'CharacterSelectManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_export.lua"]:30: bad argument #1 to 'upper' (string expected, got nil)
Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/dlr_desktop.lua"]:8: attempt to call field 'afterCreate' (a nil value)
Script Notice: [WARN] ChatManager.registerVersionMessage is deprecated function. No need to manually register extension versions anymore
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (charlistframe) in windowclass (charselect_host)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (charlistframe) in windowclass (charselect_host)
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Ruleset Warning: windowreferencecontrol: Could not find icon (button_minisheet) for control (miniopen) in windowclass (charsheet_header)
Ruleset Warning: windowreferencecontrol: Could not find pressed icon (button_minisheet_down) for control (miniopen) in windowclass (charsheet_header)

To fix all this, should I be working with the SW v4.5 test version?

Ikael
August 13th, 2017, 16:31
Ikael, noob question here: I'm trying to fix bugs in a simple extension that changes the desktop graphics (cosmetic only) for Deadlands Reloaded. It used to work several versions ago, but after a major update (I forget which) it began to freeze the desktop. With the most recent version of SW, it no longer freezes, but produces other errors:

To fix all this, should I be working with the SW v4.5 test version?

Those error and warning messages state that it got broken after v4.4 release which streamlined lots of APIs. If you can send me the extension (you can remove any IP restricted content and images from it) I could take a look how to make it compatible. But the honest, if you do just cosmetics then you should not be tweaking those APIs which cause the issue. You might have taken baseline from other extension which change logic but in general that's bad practise if you just want to do cosmetics.

Hector Trelane
August 13th, 2017, 17:06
You might have taken baseline from other extension which change logic but in general that's bad practise if you just want to do cosmetics.

No doubt that's what I did--taking an extension made originally by another author for another purpose (and not for Deadlands Reloaded) and using it as template to modify.

For laypersons like me who just want to fiddle with form, not function, a very helpful step would be to create a template or templates that we could use for this purpose OR rather for us to learn how to find/make them ourselves. Options I can think of:

Use the "very bare bones extension" described at the Developer Wiki under "Easiest Way" (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guide_-_Extensions_-_Overview)),
Buy one of the officially-supported skins for Savage Worlds from the FG Store and use that as a template.

Thanks for the generous offer of help. I'll take a crack at solving this on my end before I further impose on your time.

Ikael
August 13th, 2017, 22:16
No doubt that's what I did--taking an extension made originally by another author for another purpose (and not for Deadlands Reloaded) and using it as template to modify.

For laypersons like me who just want to fiddle with form, not function, a very helpful step would be to create a template or templates that we could use for this purpose OR rather for us to learn how to find/make them ourselves. Options I can think of:

Use the "very bare bones extension" described at the Developer Wiki under "Easiest Way" (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guide_-_Extensions_-_Overview)),
Buy one of the officially-supported skins for Savage Worlds from the FG Store and use that as a template.

Thanks for the generous offer of help. I'll take a crack at solving this on my end before I further impose on your time.

I have been collection sample extension into this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38569-Ikael-s-miscellaneous-extensions). One of them is "SW Greyscale Theme" which is simple example how to create theme extension. I would recommend checking it out and making your own tweaks based on that.

Ikael
August 14th, 2017, 08:20
Further updates to the ruleset:

[Feature] New option: Auto-apply Ganging Up modifiers
[Bug] Dropping dice on CT entry should only roll against the given target. Fixed

flynnkd
August 14th, 2017, 12:23
Those are some awesome improvements, thank you very much! :)

Just to push the limits, does the Parry thing include Casting? Could it be an option? And what about shooting at a third party while adjacent to an enemy? :)

XpressO
August 17th, 2017, 18:40
I didn't want to create a new thread for this so I'm just replying to this one. First of all thank you Ikael for the amazing work with the SWD ruleset! My only wish would be to get an up-to-date User Guide sometime after 4.5 comes out. The current one for example doesn't explain the Effects window like what the lightning bolts do, but I found the info by searching the forums. It would just be super helpful! I'm not saying you Ikael should do it but if anyone could, I'm sure all new to SW ruleset would appreciate it! Thank you again for the great ruleset! Much love <3

Skellan
August 23rd, 2017, 18:39
OMG - auto apply gang up modifiers! Awesome! How does that work? do you need to target friendlies or something?

Mortar
August 23rd, 2017, 19:18
No gang up bonus for you Skellan!

Ikael
August 23rd, 2017, 21:04
OMG - auto apply gang up modifiers! Awesome! How does that work? do you need to target friendlies or something?

You enable the option, then you fight.

The feature is based on factions (friend/neutral/foe/none~green/yellow/red/none). Say, in the screenshot there are three red/foe enemies and only two green/friend opponents. The sample orc attacking Ikael will get +1 Ganging Up (displayed as -1 parry in chat) because Ikael is adjacent to three orcs. If the same orc would be attacking fiendly A, it would not get ganging up bonus because A is oly adjacent to two enemies but has Ikael helping him.

In more technical answer the calculation logic is based on following:
- Which faction (A) is attacking
- Who is being attacked (faction B)
- How many faction A members are adjacent to attacked faction B member
- How many adjacent faction A members are countered by their adjacent faction B members
- profit

Mask_of_winter
August 23rd, 2017, 21:39
Ikael, where have you read that allies will lower gang up bonuses?
According to the core rules, there are no mentions of what you're implying. Taken straight from the Core Rules: "Ganging UpGanging up on a foe allows attackers to flank, exploit
openings, and generally harass their outnumbered opponent.
Each additional adjacent foe adds +1 to all the attackers’
Fighting rolls, up to a maximum of +4. If three warriors attack
a single hero, for example, each of the three warriors gets a
+2 bonus to their Fighting rolls."
In your example above, the gang up bonus is +2 to Fighting. Not -1 to Parry. Unless I missed an obscure rule or errata somewhere.

Ikael
August 23rd, 2017, 22:58
Ikael, where have you read that allies will lower gang up bonuses?
According to the core rules, there are no mentions of what you're implying. Taken straight from the Core Rules: "Ganging UpGanging up on a foe allows attackers to flank, exploit
openings, and generally harass their outnumbered opponent.
Each additional adjacent foe adds +1 to all the attackers’
Fighting rolls, up to a maximum of +4. If three warriors attack
a single hero, for example, each of the three warriors gets a
+2 bonus to their Fighting rolls."
In your example above, the gang up bonus is +2 to Fighting. Not -1 to Parry. Unless I missed an obscure rule or errata somewhere.

From my understanding the answer is in "outnumbered opponent". Which means that you should detect if attacked person is outnumbered where s/he stands during the attack. And I know Ganging Up grants bonus to Fighting, but the way how SavageWorlds ruleset handles dice rolling results, its more convenient to reduce parry for that one attack, than give bonus to attack rolls (it's the same effect, either increase offense or reduce defense). For instance if you would do Sweep action and attack several foes, you would see only single die roll result which is compared multiple times against each foe; and if you get Ganging Up against only few, the output would be a mess.

However, I am open ears to hear/read official answer is someone can pinpoint me to right place

flynnkd
August 23rd, 2017, 23:57
I'm not sure the lowering Parry gives exactly the same results as increasing Attack, but the difference is too subtle for me to actually verbalise. Something about different dice type rolls vs lower Parry and Raise possibiltiies makes me nervous. BUT! I think it is likely so minor that I am happy to have something that is automatic :) and let maths experts ponder the details. Allies supporting you, and reducing gangup, is not in the technical rules but I tend to use it anyway, and like it in actuality, so happy for that. We can always not use the option if we don't like it.

zarlor
August 24th, 2017, 04:05
From my understanding the answer is in "outnumbered opponent". [snip]

Actually that is just descriptive text. The actual rules part is "Each additional adjacent foe adds +1 to all the attackers", and that's all that needs to be figured out (well that and that there is a +4 cap to the bonus). It doesn't matter if your character is flanked by two friends attacking someone across from them flanked by two allies, your character would simply get a +2 to their fighting roll against that foe since there are two other adjacent allies to that foe. The rest of the paragraph also notes the only use case of note "If three warriors attack a single hero, for example, each of the three warriors get a +2 bonus to their Fighting rolls." There is even an example in the answer to this post on the Pinnacle archive forum (https://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=43142&p=404391&hilit=gang+up#p404391) that shows a full +2 even with adjacent enemies in the mix (although the question is not exactly about that). Also, if you think about it, the FFF nature of SWD is usually to go for the simplest math, in this case just adding the adjacent allies to the enemy you are attacking, figuring out the additional question of how many allies they also have just makes things a bit too tedious, IMHO (although obviously not when you are using a computer to figure it out!)

I do agree that subtracting the bonus from Parry should effectively be the same thing, though, so probably no problems there (unless there were something that did a multiplier to bonuses but I can't think of anything like that in any official sources.... or any sources I've seen, for that matter, but that's not to say I'm not just forgetting what that would be.) Raises are covered by a difference in the attack total minus the Parry, so subtracting from the Parry just gives the same result so I can't see any issues there.

Mask_of_winter
August 24th, 2017, 11:41
I've played Savage Worlds with hundreds of people, dozens of groups and have never seen anybody determine Gang Up bonuses the way you describe. Does that make me right? No. The wording is vague I'll give you that. So my question is this: Will auto calc Gang Up bonus be yet another option that can be turned on or off?
There are no issues with using Parry if that value can go into the negative.
And I understand what Aki is saying.
My concern is that many people learn Savage Worlds through FG. Smiteworks is officially licensed to produce Savage Worlds material. Yet, developers take liberties. Now we'll have people going home, taking this game to their game store or a convention and teaching people that Gang Up bonuses actually lower your target's Parry. I've raised issues like this before and was given the answer that it's easier to do it another way in FG.
I'm not sure why I even raised this up. I no longer use FG to run Savage Worlds online.

flynnkd
August 24th, 2017, 13:38
Something I noticed, if you have Dice Can Ace set to off all your raw dice rolls (from the manual dice set in the bottom left) will give a result of 0. Well that what we think it is.

Trenloe
August 24th, 2017, 14:18
My concern is that many people learn Savage Worlds through FG. Smiteworks is officially licensed to produce Savage Worlds material. Yet, developers take liberties. Now we'll have people going home, taking this game to their game store or a convention and teaching people that Gang Up bonuses actually lower your target's Parry. I've raised issues like this before and was given the answer that it's easier to do it another way in FG.
I agree. I think this will cause confusion and raise many questions (if users even bother to come to the forums).

@Ikael - would it be possible to use something like the targeted effect mechanism to just apply the needed gang up bonus to the attack against relevant targets?

Ikael
August 24th, 2017, 19:49
I've played Savage Worlds with hundreds of people, dozens of groups and have never seen anybody determine Gang Up bonuses the way you describe. Does that make me right? No. The wording is vague I'll give you that. So my question is this: Will auto calc Gang Up bonus be yet another option that can be turned on or off?
There are no issues with using Parry if that value can go into the negative.
And I understand what Aki is saying.
I'm not sure why I even raised this up. I no longer use FG to run Savage Worlds online.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad that we have experienced Savagers around (even if they don't use FG!) to guiding the way! I have fixed the Ganging Up bonus calculation to match what Clint said in the above mentioned link (ie. the same how Mask_of_winter described it). It was my computer-centered mind that took the rule wording too literally and saw it as cluster issue. My previous logic was 100-times harder to implement to what was needed. I should have just followed the Fast-Furious-Fan thinking. I have left the previous logic in the ruleset as "House Rule" option, if someone prefers it that way.

I also strongly agree that official ruleset should match how to process, logic and rules actually go. The increase attack VS reduce parry is definitely getting more attention from me after these comments; I don't want to mislead people. The only reason why it was done like that is because how trait roll results are presented in current setup. Let me demonstrate what I meant

In the screenshot Ikael is doing Sweep attack against three Orcs; but would get only +1 Ganging Up bonus against one of them. In current way how trait rolls are displayed in chat, the trait roll result is displayed just once and attack results are displayed separately for each foe. If I would be giving Ganging Up +1 bonus it should go to Trait roll message as bonus, but then it would be wrong against two other does. This just needs re-design how dices are displayed; very much doable.

The same challenge (increase attack VS reduce defense) is done for Ranged Modifiers as well; and it has been around for some time already but nobody have yet pointed out the flaw that it misleads how rules work.

Anyways, thanks again for clarification and raising up the concerns, they are well being heard and addressed.

Ikael
August 24th, 2017, 19:51
Something I noticed, if you have Dice Can Ace set to off all your raw dice rolls (from the manual dice set in the bottom left) will give a result of 0. Well that what we think it is.

This challenge is also fixed; it will be in test channel after next update

zarlor
August 24th, 2017, 22:16
Just to be clear, Ikael, since it's never said often enough IMHO, but you are an FG and coding GOD! :)

Skellan
August 28th, 2017, 09:52
Gang up bonus is probably the modifier that gets forgotten or calculated wrong the most at my table, so I am really excited by the auto gang up bonus option. It will remove another layer of maths and calculation and it will make a big difference for me. Nice one Ikael :D

Trenloe
August 28th, 2017, 14:41
In the screenshot Ikael is doing Sweep attack against three Orcs; but would get only +1 Ganging Up bonus against one of them. In current way how trait rolls are displayed in chat, the trait roll result is displayed just once and attack results are displayed separately for each foe. If I would be giving Ganging Up +1 bonus it should go to Trait roll message as bonus, but then it would be wrong against two other does. This just needs re-design how dices are displayed; very much doable.
In the d20 based rulesets. Attack effects are not applied directly to the attack dice roll total, they are applied to the hit/miss calculation for each target. Maybe you could use something similar for this situation? Apply the relevant gang up bonus as a targeted effect?

Topdecker
August 28th, 2017, 16:25
I've been playing Gang-up bonuses as not being impacted by a shaken adjacent melee opponent. I don't know if that is handled, but I think that it should work like that (i.e. if they cannot act, they cannot contribute).

There is also the obvious need for them to have a melee weapon equipped.

dikdastard
August 28th, 2017, 17:47
As mentioned in post above running latest release under test channel with DLR, I found GM rolls directly into chat box come up zero I think only after running latest update, so I was surprised to read it had been fixed, might be a different issue I am having. Switching "desktop dice can ace" and "manual die rolls" on/off makes no difference. I have other issues as well which may or may not be related. Dragging NPCs from DLR marshalls handbook to CT eg Bat masterson, the weapon listings for the NPC show no type, the attack rolls become "unskilled" and even lose their wild die - this seems to be another issue with protection status as NPCs from reference manuals are locked in a different way, NPCs from modules like grim prairie trails load into CT correctly still but it disappears when I revert to live channel. Ikael's trait roll details extension also does not display anything in current test version for me but works normally in live. unloading this and D0 extension though has no effect.

dikdastard
August 28th, 2017, 18:27
its a shame about the issues above as I'll have to revert to "live" for tonight's game but otherwise I'm loving all the new stuff Ikael has added to this version particularly the manual die rolling option. The auto ganging up bonus which I've only just discovered, is a really nice feature to have as well. I can understand Topdecker's rationale for not applying it in certain circumstances, along with Ikael's original interpretion of the rules amounting to an outnumbered bonus, but the rule as written is pretty simple in the spirit of the game.
I for one am happy to include shaken and "unarmed" opponents and keep it simple. The +1 ganging up bonus is to my mind based on distraction levels. They do not have to actually attack in that round to provide the bonus, just be present. While the rules state shaken characters do not threaten opportunity attacks, they can still move and do free actions so I count them as "active" and "on the table" to use a SW concept. Technically unshaken characters can't do much else either at that instance unless they are "on hold" and trying to directly interrupt their opponent's action. Surely just having a member of the opposing team stood/moving around next to you while you are being attacked by another must count for something! And a fist or improvised weapon such as a chair or rifle butt surely still counts as a melee weapon so who is truly unarmed for threat purposes? - this is not 3.5/Pathfinder! We might be in danger of breaking into a debate about the offside rule next :))

Topdecker
August 28th, 2017, 19:28
Each additional adjacent foe adds +1 to all the attackers’ Fighting rolls, up to a maximum of +4.

That's the rule as written. As long as we can change their status from FOE (i.e. RED) to Neutral (YELLOW, and thus not a foe), that will allow those of us that want to make distinctions about unconscious, drugged, paralyzed, puppetized, or those who otherwise should not count as combatants to do so. It isn't automagic, but it _is_ easy to adjust.

Trenloe
August 28th, 2017, 19:53
As long as we can change their status from FOE (i.e. RED) to Neutral (YELLOW, and thus not a foe), that will allow those of us that want to make distinctions about unconscious, drugged, paralyzed, puppetized, or those who otherwise should not count as combatants to do so. It isn't automagic, but it _is_ easy to adjust.
That's a good idea.

zarlor
August 28th, 2017, 23:41
I like that, too, but the RAW, and as confirmed by Clint Black on the Pinnacle forum, and therefor official stance is that even Shaken foes add a gang-up bonus for the rationale dikdastard posted, they are a distraction, a potential hazard. So not counting a shaken foe would have to be allowing for a House Rule (and nothing wrong with allowing House Rules, of course, when the code can handle it!) Still, other states like Topdecker mentions, have their own rules that don't necessarily follow how Shaken works, so handling them would be nice to have.

Ikael
August 29th, 2017, 18:33
As mentioned in post above running latest release under test channel with
DLR, I found GM rolls directly into chat box come up zero I think only after running latest update,
so I was surprised to read it had been fixed, might be a different issue I am having. Switching
"desktop dice can ace" and "manual die rolls" on/off makes no difference. I have other issues as
well which may or may not be related. Dragging NPCs from DLR marshalls handbook to CT eg Bat
masterson, the weapon listings for the NPC show no type, the attack rolls become "unskilled" and
even lose their wild die - this seems to be another issue with protection status as NPCs from
reference manuals are locked in a different way, NPCs from modules like grim prairie trails load
into CT correctly still but it disappears when I revert to live channel. Ikael's trait roll details
extension also does not display anything in current test version for me but works normally in live.
unloading this and D0 extension though has no effect.

The issue is fixed, but guess the update has not yet been pushed to test channel by SmiteWorks.
I will need to ping MoonWizard one more time.

Regarding the NPC challenge, the module should be updated to contain attack type information. Quickfix
is to make copy of the NPC, unlock it and setup attack type with right click menu. I can look into
DLR Marshal's Handbook and fix these issue that I can find.

My Trait Roll Details extension needs update, since dice rolling framework has been revised in latest build.
D0 extension is not longer needed thanks to Manual Roll support.

As long as we can change their status from FOE (i.e. RED) to Neutral
(YELLOW, and thus not a foe), that will allow those of us that want to make distinctions about
unconscious, drugged, paralyzed, puppetized, or those who otherwise should not count as combatants
to do so. It isn't automagic, but it _is_ easy to adjust.

This is good idea and you can do that in the implementation. I would mark non-effective
opponents with blank faction (without any color). I will provide hook for developers to change the
ganging up calculation with ease so they could implement own house rules like mentioned above.

Ikael
August 29th, 2017, 19:23
Here you can find my v4.5 compatiblity updated extensions for the testing.

New sampler extension:

SW Ganging Up Exclude Inactive Combatants
Will exclude Shaken, Incapaciated and Unarmed combatants from Ganging Up calculation. To define combatant as Unarmed you must add effect to him with given label "Unarmed".

Ikael
August 30th, 2017, 04:16
The latest v4.5 changes are now in test channel. Check the changelog in the first page to learn more. Changes:

SavageWorlds ruleset v4.5

Ganging Up bonus calculation fixed. House rule option provided
Improvements how Range and Ganging Up modifiers are displayed in chat
Desktop dice rolls did not show results in chat. Fixed
[Feature] Host can browse remaining cards from decks. Access by right clicking on Card deck tool
[Feature] New option to define how many Joker cards are in the deck (options: 0, 1, 2, 4)
[Dev] Maximum trait die acing count can be defined

Deadlands: Reloaded v2.5

[Module] Attack type and range added to Marshel's Handbook NPCs

Ikael
August 30th, 2017, 12:34
Regarding Ganging Up House Rule to exclude Shaken and Unarmed foes from the calculation, see this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38657-SavageWorlds-v4-5-in-public-testing-available&p=352425&viewfull=1#post352425). The sampler extension demonstrates how you can customize the ganging up calculation in extension

flynnkd
August 31st, 2017, 13:52
For tonights game using DEV, I noticed the MENU button on the CT was gone, and that manually entered Modifiers to damage rolls were not being transferred to the CT properly.

In the screenshot you see the MENU button is not showing, and that the damage rolled was 8, but only 6 was transferred to the CT, which is the +2 for a Joker effect, but the +1 built into the weapon damage roll did get moved.

My players are running 3.3.1 from STEAM, but I am on 3.3.2 in case that matters.

Ikael
August 31st, 2017, 15:01
For tonights game using DEV, I noticed the MENU button on the CT was gone, and that manually entered Modifiers to damage rolls were not being transferred to the CT properly.

In the screenshot you see the MENU button is not showing, and that the damage rolled was 8, but only 6 was transferred to the CT, which is the +2 for a Joker effect, but the +1 built into the weapon damage roll did get moved.

My players are running 3.3.1 from STEAM, but I am on 3.3.2 in case that matters.

The CT Menu is there, check combat tracker's upper left corner. That's where the Menu is in CoreRPG.

I was able to reproduce the pending damage issue, made fix and expect to see it in test channel in next update

Ikael
August 31st, 2017, 21:41
Update:

[Bug] Modifierstack did not affect pending damage entries. Fixed

In combat section's attack list (in PC and NPC sheets), you can right click on attack dice (left most field) and select #Attacks option to setup how many trait dices should be used when you drag or double-click on the field. This is alternative approach to drag + right click. Tip: With Auto/Semi-Auto weapons, create several Sub-attack for it and define each to be specific style of attack, for instance, single shot, double tap, automatic fire etc.

Skellan
August 31st, 2017, 21:49

This is really good. It will take the fiddliness out of hosing down folks with a Tommy gun. What's not to like? :)

Ikael
September 2nd, 2017, 19:49
Update:

As host, right click on CT entry and select "Dramatic Task" option to start dramatic task tracking for the combatant. Every action card thereafter is being tracked separately and you can set how the trait roll scored for each action card. Success count is calculated automatically from the trait scores and displayed in the tracker. Tip: You can right click on CT entry and select "Deal" to deal new action card to single entry

Coanunn
September 2nd, 2017, 22:11
Update:

As host, right click on CT entry and select "Dramatic Task" option to start dramatic task tracking for the combatant. Every action card thereafter is being tracked separately and you can set how the trait roll scored for each action card. Success count is calculated automatically from the trait scores and displayed in the tracker. Tip: You can right click on CT entry and select "Deal" to deal new action card to single entry

VERY NICE! No more manual tracking on successes!

Ikael
September 8th, 2017, 20:41
Release date is getting closer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39182-Test-Release-v3-3-2&p=353486&viewfull=1#post353486)! If you want to help, go ahead and playtest with the v4.5 version in test channel and report me any findings or general feedback

Ikael
September 8th, 2017, 20:47
Pending attacks feature available in CT

Host can see detailed attack and damage results in CT after targeted rolls
No more need to manually activate damage bonus icon when using targeting features as the raise can will be detected from host's pending attack results
Attack and damage results can be dragged and dropped to other entries, in case you attacked wrong opponent

dikdastard
September 9th, 2017, 00:33
I'm back to running on test channel, all the previous issues I was having that forced me back to live seem to be fixed now as long as one remembers to update to the latest extension versions to match- thanks Ikael! It is a shame though on this note that there is no facility for auto-updating installed community extensions from a central repository as keeping them up to date can be hard work for the end-user especially when frequent updates to the core rules are automatic and can break things. Finding the latest version of an extension is also time consuming being scattered across the forums as they are.
But back to SW v4.5...

Dramatic tasks working fine although don't seem to have a way of applying the current initiative card when setting up the task unless I'm doing something wrong- have to move into the next round before the character can actually start applying trait rolls to the task unless I manually redeal a card which would change the initiative order mid turn. Is this intentional?

Pending attacks feature an interesting new addition. Just a quick test use however did reveal some limitations.
If dragging the attack and/or damage on to another opponent the TN to hit and wound are not updated with the new target's stats eg target A is stood in the open, Target B has medium cover applied as an effect. Shooting roll 4 is a hit for target A, if then dragged to target B it remains a hit when it now should be a miss due to -2 for cover. Any targeting info also remains with target A so if the attack is dragged to target B before rolling damage, and the attacker just double clicks on the damage roll rather than manually dragging it to the new target B, the hit is applied to target B but the damage is applied to target A, who was the original target.
Given that the purpose of dragging the attack to an alternative target is to allow for correcting wrongly targeted attacks it would be logical if it's technically possible to change the targeting info as part of the drag and drop operation.
Thanks.

Ikael
September 9th, 2017, 23:33
Excellent feedback! Made some changes according to them and you can expect to see them in next test channel update. Details below:

Dramatic tasks working fine although don't seem to have a way of applying the current initiative card when setting up the task unless I'm doing something wrong- have to move into the next round before the character can actually start applying trait rolls to the task unless I manually redeal a card which would change the initiative order mid turn. Is this intentional?

It was intentional until you mentioned it. The idea was that you will start pulling cards after you initiated dramatic task, but I can see chance for host to forgot to do that in time. I have added right click menu option (on dramatic task tracker) to pull the current card to tracker.

Pending attacks feature an interesting new addition. Just a quick test use however did reveal some limitations.
If dragging the attack and/or damage on to another opponent the TN to hit and wound are not updated with the new target's stats eg target A is stood in the open, Target B has medium cover applied as an effect. Shooting roll 4 is a hit for target A, if then dragged to target B it remains a hit when it now should be a miss due to -2 for cover. Any targeting info also remains with target A so if the attack is dragged to target B before rolling damage, and the attacker just double clicks on the damage roll rather than manually dragging it to the new target B, the hit is applied to target B but the damage is applied to target A, who was the original target.
Given that the purpose of dragging the attack to an alternative target is to allow for correcting wrongly targeted attacks it would be logical if it's technically possible to change the targeting info as part of the drag and drop operation.
Thanks.

Good points again, I got blind during the first implementation as I was testing only ranged attacks (always TN 4). I have updated the logic the re-evaluate both attack and (if existing) damage rolls when you drag the entry to another CT entry.

Ikael
September 16th, 2017, 22:10
v3.2.2 compatible version of SW Enhanced Library extension (v1.18) and NPC Makers (0.13) extensions uploaded to this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38657-SavageWorlds-v4-5-in-public-testing-available&p=352425&viewfull=1#post352425).

flynnkd
September 17th, 2017, 03:54
The gangup bonus seems to be adding to spell casting?

flynnkd
September 17th, 2017, 04:06
A request, not sure if this is appropriate forum? When a character comes off HOLD they are moved to immediately in front of the current 'bullet' holder, and then get given the bullet, so when they finish the bullet moves to the actual next actor. Currently you have to move it around and remember who was next, it effects targeting. Ta.

Ikael
September 17th, 2017, 07:08
The gangup bonus seems to be adding to spell casting?

Thanks for the report, I made fix where Ganging Up bonus only affects Fighting rolls, and only against different faction/friend-foe members

Ikael
September 19th, 2017, 20:16
This thread has served its purpose. Mods, can you close it up?

JohnD
September 20th, 2017, 04:49
Hi. Ran a game tonight - SW WotD.

I have some undead that are "recent" and receive normal initiative handling. Others that are more decayed have the usual Slow hindrance.

The undead with the Slow hindrance were not working correctly; they were receiving initiative cards normally.

Edit: it has been a while since I've run this game, but I know the last session this was working properly (I mix the two types of undead together often).

Ikael
September 20th, 2017, 06:43
Hi. Ran a game tonight - SW WotD.

I have some undead that are "recent" and receive normal initiative handling. Others that are more decayed have the usual Slow hindrance.

The undead with the Slow hindrance were not working correctly; they were receiving initiative cards normally.

Edit: it has been a while since I've run this game, but I know the last session this was working properly (I mix the two types of undead together often).

Have you created NPCs yourself? In WotD the slow hindrance should be called "Slow, shambler" (Horror companion has the hindrance which is called "Slow"). This change has been around some time already. Here is screenshot demonstrating that it seems to be working as expecte. If you still feel something is not right, can you provide /version info here and more details what did you do? Note that "CT: Dealt card announcements" option was also updated not to show non-ally NPC cards to players in chat.

JohnD
September 20th, 2017, 15:11
Hmm... I probably did make these NPCs based off of what I saw in WotD around a year or so ago. So, if it has been changed for a while, that is something I will have to look at again.

SW is my least used ruleset so my familiarity is low, although I do know it was working before. The NPCs in question look a little different after the recent upgrade, so I may need to re-do my creatures.

dragonheels
September 20th, 2017, 19:55
I have a (maybe) stupid question, but concerning the gang up, how does the system recognize 'adjascent' people to a foe?

Ikael
September 20th, 2017, 20:18
I have a (maybe) stupid question, but concerning the gang up, how does the system recognize 'adjascent' people to a foe?

You must use map with grid
If the distance between two tokens is within one "square" or "hex" it is adjacent. Weapon/Attack's Reach does not affect it (as per mentioned in PEG Forums by Clint)
Token's friend-foe (green-yellow-red-blank also known as FoF) status is used to detect if you are foe. Attacker's FoF is detected and all tokens with the same FoF adjacent to target (if it has different FoF) is counted in. The bonus is count minus one (ie. each additional adjacent gives +1), maximum of 4.

House rule

Alternative approach is provided if you set "Ganging Up Bonus" option to "Variant" in "House Rules (GM)" section
This alternative approach will alter the bonus calculation to calculate how many adjacent attacker FoF members VS adjacent target FoF members there are and bonus is difference between those two groups (only positive, up to 4).

dragonheels
September 20th, 2017, 20:32
Thanks a lot, Ikael. All this is really excellent!

flynnkd
September 21st, 2017, 13:17
Could I request an notice in the CT when a critical failure occurs and it must mix. I had a player wiht mods sufficient to make the 1 succeed and the CT showed that final number. If you dont see it in the chat result it goes through as a valid hit.

Ikael
September 21st, 2017, 17:33
Could I request an notice in the CT when a critical failure occurs and it must mix. I had a player wiht mods sufficient to make the 1 succeed and the CT showed that final number. If you dont see it in the chat result it goes through as a valid hit.

Can you create ticket about it to https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/?

But again, this thread has served its purpose. Mods, can you close it up? Let's continue discussion in new threads!

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2017, 18:12
Thread has been closed.

Cheers,
JPG