PDA

View Full Version : LF1P Sat 7PM CDT USA D&D 5E - Homebrew game - Ember Isles

Carlctrl
June 6th, 2017, 01:19
Hello all,
I'm looking for one more friendly player for a homebrew campaign.
-I have the ultimate FG license
-D&D 5e
-Games will be on every other Saturday with the next session this weekend (6-10-17).
-Games are at 7 CDT (12:00am UTC) and last 4 hours (sometimes longer).
-Game expected to last a few months initially (to level 5), will likely continue past that if folks are interested.
-Game is about 60/40 RP vs. combat; based on the actions of the group.
-Discord and voice required

A bit about the campaign:
It takes place on a newly discovered island chain named the Ember Isles. The party must survive the untamed wilderness, help some struggling settlements, explore the archipelago, and deal with some previously unknown cultures that are native to the islands. See the attachment for more details.

The kind of player I'm looking for:
-Sees D&D as a game for fun with a group first, and a roleplaying exercise second. What I mean by that is a player who will work with the party, even if there is a good roleplay reason to go against the group. Players can always find a way to work toward the party's interest that fits within their character's concept. Some character tension in the party is fine, but acting against the party is not.
-Not a rules lawyer, I will do my best to stay within D&D rules, but there will be some wiggle room here.
-Is respectful of everyone's time. If you're going to be late or miss a session, let us know in Discord ahead of time.
-Is respectful of everyone's ears. Please, Please use push to talk if you are not in a quiet environment, or if you wish to eat, etc.

The kind of DM I am:
-Same as above, plus:
-My primary focus is to provide a game where everybody can have fun and tell great stories through their characters.
-I am relatively new to DMing so I may fudge a rule from time to time. Players are welcome to suggest an interpretation for what their character can an can't do with a given a roll, but I ask that once I decide on something, that you go with it. I do not want to bog the game down with rules discussion. I'm always willing to talk about it after the game if you feel I should do something differently.
-I will do my best to help you develop your character in the world by taking what you give me from your background and incorporating it in the story. I will work with you on how to do that in a way that is fun and relevant to the overall story.

Joining:
-Please submit a desired race/class and character background to me via PM and I'll review all the submissions in a few a days (it is not first come, first serve). Your background doesn't have to be 100% complete by Saturday, but must have at least an outline and the questions from the pdf answered. I am more than happy to discuss your background with you on discord if you're not comfortable with writing something out.
-Characters are level 2 at this point. We are two sessions in.
-PHB races and classes only (SCAG is OK, but I don't own it, meaning you must have the module purchased). I am open to most Unearthed Arcana class changes, but not all; so let me know if you want to use something from UA.
-No Evil alignment
-Current Party make up is:
-Half Orc Barb.
-Human Warrior (ranged)
-Tiefling Cleric
-Half Orc Paladin
-Elven Bladesinger (who can't make it every session)

See you on the Ember Isles!